Kamado incoming

Charcoal cookers (such as Weber Kettles)
Ferrari 312T

Kamado incoming

Post by Ferrari 312T »

Very excited. After looking at the primo, the kamado joe and the Saffire I decided to pull the trigger on a Saffire

There are apparently no black ones in Australia at present so waiting for a shipment next week. Got a deflector, grill elevator and extra grill with it.

Can't wait to get going. Got 2.5 kg of pork neck that needs 12 hours of slow cooking!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
boff

Re: Kamado incoming

Post by boff »

Hi Ferrari - can I ask what was it about the Saffire that swung it for you? I'm in the market for a Kamado and I am looking for something in that size/price range.
Cheers
Muppet

Kamado incoming

Post by Muppet »

I went the Saffire too. The biggest difference is the chip feeder hole, you can feed smoke in without unloading everything. A Smokai cold smoke generator also fits the hole perfectly enabling more versatility. To my knowledge it's the last sold in Aus with the chip feeder
Baby steps...
Current Weaponry - Saffire Kamado, Treager Junior, Outdoorchef 57, Performer 46, 'Fooseball' Grill, Hibachi
Muppet

Kamado incoming

Post by Muppet »

Baby steps...
Current Weaponry - Saffire Kamado, Treager Junior, Outdoorchef 57, Performer 46, 'Fooseball' Grill, Hibachi
paulr
Forum Administrator

Post by paulr »

They look great.... Are you getting a temp controller (like the BBQ gurur?)

Happy BBQ-ing, Paul
http://aussiebbq.info/wp - my blog
https://lifesafeast.com.au/cookingclass ... criptions/ - great cooking classes
See Me, Feel Me, Touch Me, Beer Me.
niko123456

Post by niko123456 »

It looks cool. Where do you get a Saffire from?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Ferrari 312T

Kamado incoming

Post by Ferrari 312T »

boff wrote:Hi Ferrari - can I ask what was it about the Saffire that swung it for you? I'm in the market for a Kamado and I am looking for something in that size/price range.
Cheers
I looked at the smoke King which looked pretty good. Unfortunately there were no ones in black available so I thought again. Then I looked at the primo xl in person. Looked great but just didn't do it for me, even though I know that it is highly rated. I think I wanted a standard kamado. Unfortunately it was not on display and the salesman was clueless if I was honest. I went into bbqs galore and had a good look at the kamado joe. It looked good, there were good accessories thrown in and clearly it is easy to get accessories. I was put off by the lack of stainless steel on it. There was one there with stainless steel bands etc but they did not want to sell it to me ad I wanted it on a cart and they only sold it as part of a table.

So I looked again at the Saffire. Rang around but couldn't find one in black. But there was one coming in by 29 November. Got it from heat and grill in Richmond. They gave me a good deal. I like the 304 stainless all round, all reviews are great and it seems like other spares will fit so happy. Has excellent warranty also.

Sadly the falling Aussie dollar has meant that the cheap kamados are a thing of the past.

Have to say I can see why kamado joes have the market as they are in bbqs galore. If you are looking at anything else. So hard to find the one you want, hard to see one in the flesh and everything has to be done online so I have to pay a bit for shipping. The primos I saw on display were sold in a store that sold mostly webers and clearly the salesman had no idea.

skuzy

Post by skuzy »

what was your thoughts about vision grills kamado?
Ferrari 312T

Kamado incoming

Post by Ferrari 312T »

Vision were the Costco ones yes?

Ferrari 312T

Kamado incoming

Post by Ferrari 312T »

Seemed OK. Just decided to go the whole hog and get the one with the name and quality that I know. I will forget the price quickly. I have not ever heard anyone say anything bad about the safdire