Charcoal suppliers

Charcoal cookers (such as Weber Kettles)
Manfred

Re: Charcoal suppliers

Post by Manfred »

That's rather personal information regarding his daughter. I trust you have permission to post that.
peter yeoman

Post by peter yeoman »

I'm fine with Daves post, would love to be back cooking charcoal instead of being at the Royal Children's hospital,Dave is right about my daughter, she broke her c5 and fractured c6-7, she can only move her arms and wrists, can't use her fingers or anything below her shoulders, milly was in grade 6 at primaryschool and was doing a swim program .
titch

Post by titch »

Damm Peter.
My wife and I are sorry to hear that and our thoughts are with your Family and daughter
Cheers
Titch
Papou

Post by Papou »

Bunnings now stock 10kg bags of charcoal for $15 odd dollars a BAG , also 20kg bags of (cant remember the name ) for $40 so yes they are starting to get into the Charcaol if one doesnt like the heatbeads so much ey.
Good Better Best
Never Let it rest
Until Your best Is Better
And Your better best
Powderdigit

Post by Powderdigit »

Dupain wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:34 pm A few days ago I received a 3kg consignment of charcoal from http://www.kishubinchotan.com.au
The product quality is very good. The guy running the show told me that the charcoal is direct from Japan... I know its pricey...
I am loving this forum...learning heaps just from reading... and then I see BBQ Joe and Dupain importing wood from Japan for something called table-top grilling. I'll look that up soon but this Japanese wood makes my Namibian Etosha HoutSkool look like a bargain! Blimey ....

and Peter - my thoughts are with you and Milly.
Powderdigit
12x7

Post by 12x7 »

Powderdigit wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:35 pm
I am loving this forum...learning heaps just from reading... and then I see BBQ Joe and Dupain importing wood from Japan for something called table-top grilling. I'll look that up soon but this Japanese wood makes my Namibian Etosha HoutSkool look like a bargain! Blimey ....
Binchotan from Japan is expensive. Great for cooking on your hibachi.

Try some of the Binchotan from Emberpak if you are looking to spend less. http://emberpak.com/charcoal/#whitecharcoal

Emberpak has a great range of charcoal. @emberpak
bbjayo

Post by bbjayo »

Just a heads up for anyone in Brisbane. I took a drive out to this place - https://www.barbequesandmore.com.au/smokers/fuel.php a couple of weekends ago and picked up a 19kg bag of chunky gidgee for $45.

I've been using an akorn kamado for the last 5 or so years and have tried pretty much every type of fuel. This stuff has been the best by far. Some of the lumps are a bit big (about 20cm long) but I've had no issues lighting or burning. It lights quickly, burns hot and is surprisingly long lasting. It takes significantly less time for the grill to get up to temp and I've had no problems maintaining high or low temps. One of the best things about it is that it gives off very little smoke even as it comes up to temp. It's super clean burning.

It was a bit of a trip for me but well worth it. I'd recommend it to anyone in Brisbane.

bb
David.Cheetham

Post by David.Cheetham »

I am getting excellent results from CHEF'S CHOICE CHARCOAL from Charleville.
Their extra chunky charcoal works very well.
Have stock in Toowoomba.

David.
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

whatz it made of David?

Gidgee?
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5