looking for a part for a weber

Charcoal cookers (such as Weber Kettles)
Wono

looking for a part for a weber

Post by Wono »

Hey guys

First I wanna say hello to everyone I'm new to the Aussie BBQ group.

I am restoring a Red L model (1989) Weber and I'm looking for a part for it the Temperature gauge/mount for it. Just wondering if anyone known's were can I buy one.

In The picture I'm after the closest Temperature gauge.

Thanks

Last edited by Lovey on Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: There is only one B in Weber
Lovey
Forum Moderator

Re: looking for a part for a weber

Post by Lovey »

G'day Wono and welcome.
In relation to the part that you're seeking, I don't know sorry. If you're on facebook, there's a very knowledgable group called 'Weber Kettle Club Australia" who might be able to help you out.
All the best,
Steve.
Wono

Post by Wono »

thanks Steve have posted a few on Facebook and rang Weber Australia no luck so far hard part to find.
Last edited by Lovey on Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: There's only 1 B in Weber
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

Hi Wono,

That's the same as my lid and temp gauge on my sage green Performer and I've kinda lost a screw or something but i was able to just sit it in there and it doesn't move but it's a bit loose so I try not to be too concerned about it.
It's an old system from about 2007 vintage as my Weber is.
As Lovey mentioned, the lads at Weber Kettle Club are very cluey, many are collectors.

It depends on if the kettle is going to be a collection piece or a BBQ tool, some people drill a hole in the lid and fit a better gauge in the lid but you'll have to put some tape over where you'll drill so you'll prevent cracking and splitting the enamel on the lid. I haven't bother to do that although have considered it.
I have found with my Performer, where the lid handle is welded onto the lid at the area where the temp gauge slides into the handle, has become rusted. Luckily for me, I don't live near the ocean so don't get salty breezes.

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
Wono

Post by Wono »

*Bump* still looking for the part.

thanks
12x7

Post by 12x7 »

I have that model kettle in black.

I don't think you will have much luck if the Weber forum hasn't helped you out.

Since for it's time it was a premium kettle in Weber's line-up I don't think that many would have been sold compared to the mainstream model.

Did you try posting on the US Weber forums?

I have a bad feeling that what you are looking for is now rusted away in landfill when about ten years ago people were leaving them for council clean-up.
12x7

Post by 12x7 »

Did you try here?
http://weberkettleclub.com/
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

Sometimes you gotta wait for another similar one to come up and grab it for parts or if it's better than the one you have, restore that one.

If you contact the American branch of the Weber Kettle club, they may have more resources to dig from.

Wish you luck.
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
Wono

Post by Wono »

I have reached out to the us and the kettle club but nothing yet :( yes I think that's what I have to do is just wait for one to pop up and hopefully get it for a good price.
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

Another place you can try is the Virtual Weber Bullet Bulletin Board forum......they mostly talk about the WSM smoker but there are many members who are kettle heads too. You just never know......you'll have to join their forum like you did this one and maybe do an introductory post to say G'day, but i've found these People to be very friendly and willing to help out.

https://tvwbb.com/

They have Weber Kettle section in the forum......this forum was where I was before the owner of this forum snatched me up to run this forum. Only difference is that forum still has a lot of members :lol:

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
Cobblerdave

Post by Cobblerdave »

Gday
I recon Davo could supply a simple drawing of that parts. A few dimensions and I recon you could have one made by a sheet metal worker.
Regards Dave