How To Cook A Filet Mignon Steak - Reverse Seared Filet Mignon With The Cold Grate Technique

Charcoal cookers (such as Weber Kettles)
12x7

How To Cook A Filet Mignon Steak - Reverse Seared Filet Mignon With The Cold Grate Technique

Post by 12x7 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:09 pm

The Adrenaline Barbecue Company is selling a grate accessory for the kettle that help makes it easy to spin the grate on your kettle to expose a "cold grate" over the charcoal when you cook.

Here's how it works for a reverse sear steak. Has anyone tried it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRLkb0Pc2HM

Powderdigit

Re: How To Cook A Filet Mignon Steak - Reverse Seared Filet Mignon With The Cold Grate Technique

Post by Powderdigit » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:32 pm

Wow! It would want to taste good because that is a long cook and reasonably complex in terms of number of steps/temperature/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Powderdigit

Powderdigit

Re: How To Cook A Filet Mignon Steak - Reverse Seared Filet Mignon With The Cold Grate Technique

Post by Powderdigit » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:38 pm

Sorry - premature post ... I was saying it was quite a complex cook - perhaps complex is the wrong word but it does have a number of steps over a long period ... for a steak. It also doesn’t seem to look that appetising ... still, I bet it tastes wonderful. I am open to try it ... Just out of interest. Also, I usually salt my steak a short time before cooking and also have steaks at room temp.... this is a 24 hr salt and out of a cold fridge. Would the 24 hr salt make it drier? Perhaps like buying aged steak? I had a dry aged steak at Sant Elmo recently - magnificent... that said, no reverse sear there. Thanks for posting - interesting and perhaps worth a crack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Powderdigit