Heat & Smoke by Bob Hart

Books books books, reviews and favourites
Gatsby

Heat & Smoke by Bob Hart

Post by Gatsby »

Hi,
Just got a copy of this - very good book for bbq'ing - lots of good advise for charcoal, gas, kamado plus some really neat receipe's.
For a beginner it is a must.
For a true pro - like a lot here - just a good read.
Cheers
tfx

Re: Heat & Smoke by Bob Hart

Post by tfx »

If you haven't already tried it the chipotle mayo is awesome.

Loved it on burgers and also made some rolls with roast chook leftovers and cheese toasted under the gril.
kiwiman

Post by kiwiman »

I got this book a couple of days ago--Very informative and helpful for the novices like myself and a book that is easy to read,

Stewart
Image]Royal Kamado, Weber Q100e, Multikai Cooker, U-Bute portable, Auspit Rotisserie with firedish, Char-Griller , Italian portable charcoal grill, Weber One Touch Platinum, Dragon Hibachi.Weber Jumbo Joe, GMG Daniel Boone on loan
Captain Cook

Post by Captain Cook »

Bob Hart is a master pit master, he is also a great writer, being a food writer for the Herald for many many years, he knows how to turn a food phrase.

I highly recommend the book.

Well done Bob.

Captain
baguspeter

Post by baguspeter »

Good book,very helpful and well written.The chipotle mayo is a taste sensation !!
kiwiman

Post by kiwiman »

You can tell he writes for a living, well written and quite humorous in places.
Stewart
Captain Cook wrote:Bob Hart is a master pit master, he is also a great writer, being a food writer for the Herald for many many years, he knows how to turn a food phrase.

I highly recommend the book.

Well done Bob.

Captain
Image]Royal Kamado, Weber Q100e, Multikai Cooker, U-Bute portable, Auspit Rotisserie with firedish, Char-Griller , Italian portable charcoal grill, Weber One Touch Platinum, Dragon Hibachi.Weber Jumbo Joe, GMG Daniel Boone on loan
sydking

Post by sydking »

Missus got me this for Xmas.... Great book
sydking

Post by sydking »

baguspeter wrote:Good book,very helpful and well written.The chipotle mayo is a taste sensation !!
Will have to try that, His BBQ rub is great!!!
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

:cry: I guess ill just have to buy his book to find out what those recepies are :lol:
USA foods have it and there is a 20 % off sale in January. (Type 20OFF2013 on checkout)
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
http://www.aussiecue.com.au
Golly

Post by Golly »

Future son in law got me this for Xmas
From my initial flick through it looks real good
Team Go To Jail - Lifetime member!

TEAM WKC 1st chicken 4th beef 7th pork ribs 5th overall port macquarie march 2014
Hogsy

Post by Hogsy »

Golly wrote:Future son in law
Haaaaaaaaa......Haaaaaaaaaaaa.....Haaaaaaaaa :lol: :lol: :lol:
Viva La Charcoal Revolution
Team Go To Jail - Lifetime member!
sydking

Post by sydking »

Smokey Mick wrote::cry: I guess ill just have to buy his book to find out what those recepies are :lol:
USA foods have it and there is a 20 % off sale in January. (Type 20OFF2013 on checkout)
Mine was $20 delivered, I can ask the missus were if you cant find a better price mate.
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

sydking wrote:
Smokey Mick wrote::cry: I guess ill just have to buy his book to find out what those recepies are :lol:
Mine was $20 delivered, I can ask the missus were if you cant find a better price mate.
Its all good mate, there are so many things I have to spread my dolars out right now :shock:
Christmas shut down is always a lean time for a contractor that only works part time :oops:
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
http://www.aussiecue.com.au
beermee

Post by beermee »

I bought this book today at Myer in Brisbane city - was 30% of cookbooks (myer promotion/sale on at the moment), so paid $17.46.....!
Note that: Gary is posting on the Aussie BBQ Forum as: 'SmokeKingBBQs' (as a vendor) and 'beermee' (as a personal account)