Weber Smoke book

Books books books, reviews and favourites
Spode

Re: Weber Smoke book

Post by Spode »

Just ordered the Weber book, and Wicked Good BBQ, and Paul Kirk's book that has been in my cart for a long time, and a Chinese cook book. Spent 4 times more than expected, but what can you do, got to use the dollar while it's weak! Don't no nothing about Q Magazine :wink:

I now have enough BBQ books, and I think the next investment is in a chest freezer so I can stockpile a serious amount of ribs.

Practice is better than books!
Romulus

Post by Romulus »

Does anyone know if this is/ or will be available in Australia, or is ordering it from Amazon the only way to get it?
R.
Image Image
Captain Cook

Post by Captain Cook »

Romulus wrote:Does anyone know if this is/ or will be available in Australia, or is ordering it from Amazon the only way to get it?
R.
Cheapest and easiest is via amazon

Cheers
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

So what is the verdict on this book Smoke? Is it worth buying? does it have much more than any of Jamie's purviance's other books?

or is it one of those books that you need 200 different ingredients for a recipe?

I'd like to buy it myself but I'm waiting for some reveiws

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
Captain Cook

Post by Captain Cook »

Davo wrote:So what is the verdict on this book Smoke? Is it worth buying? does it have much more than any of Jamie's purviance's other books?

or is it one of those books that you need 200 different ingredients for a recipe?

I'd like to buy it myself but I'm waiting for some reveiws

Cheers

Davo
Great book some good recipes, lots of inspiration for developing your own variations

Cheers

Captain
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

Thanks Phil....how much was yours landed here and how long did it take?

cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
Captain Cook

Post by Captain Cook »

Davo wrote:Thanks Phil....how much was yours landed here and how long did it take?

cheers

Davo
Have no idea.i preordered mine when it was first advertised. Buy from amazon through the TVWBB link, costs no more and delivery is generally 7 - 10 days.
magste

Weber Smoke book

Post by magste »

Search via Booko.com.au. It gives you lowest landed cost to Australia. I've purchased through all the main sellers it comes up with - AbeBooks, Bookdepository, Amazon etc
Magnus
---------------------------------------

A Q, a Keg & a Kettle
Romulus

Post by Romulus »

Davo,

I ordered mine through the Book Depository on the 4th Sep. - Took 4 days for them to receive it from somewhere and then ship it on the 8th.
Arrived Sydney 11:00 A.M. 17th.

$19.07 Total and Approx. 6 days from shipping.

I usually have to pay $16.00 postage to get the same speed through Amazon.

It was packaged really well, although some of the other 6 books that I've ordered from them haven't been as well packed, and one was slightly damaged on arrival - I guess the size of the book determines the type of packaging.

R.
Image Image
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

Romulus wrote:Davo,

I ordered mine through the Book Depository on the 4th Sep. - Took 4 days for them to receive it from somewhere and then ship it on the 8th.
Arrived Sydney 11:00 A.M. 17th.

$19.07 Total and Approx. 6 days from shipping.

I usually have to pay $16.00 postage to get the same speed through Amazon.

It was packaged really well, although some of the other 6 books that I've ordered from them haven't been as well packed, and one was slightly damaged on arrival - I guess the size of the book determines the type of packaging.

R.
Thanks for that info Romulus, much appreciated....sounds pretty good and still half price to what they'll charge here in the bookshops.

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5