Seven Fires - Grilling The Argentine Way

Books books books, reviews and favourites
Roguehound

Seven Fires - Grilling The Argentine Way

Post by Roguehound »

I just purchased this book from Amazon and I am finding it fascinating.

It starts with a biographical background of the author (Francis Mallman) and a cultural and culinary background to Argentina.

Then there is a description of the seven types of fire or cooking he uses followed by tips and hints for working with fire. Then come the recipes.

Here is a link to the book - http://www.amazon.com/Seven-Fires-Grill ... 1579653545

I have only just started reading it but so far he appears to be a bit of a maverick. After working for decades in some of Europe's best restaurants he has shunned many of the complicated techniques he learned to embrace a simpler approach to cooking. I had never heard of him before this book but he is supposedly very well known in the culinary world? I suppose that says more about me than him :)

He loves his cast iron too.

Anyway, has anyone else come across this book?
Dragon Fire Kamado, Weber Go Anywhere, Weber Q320, Ziggy Portable
kingsthorpedavid

Re: Seven Fires - Grilling The Argentine Way

Post by kingsthorpedavid »

I have looked at this book on amazon a few times, seems I need to buy it from your recommendations.
Thanks for the review.

You may also enjoy this book which I bought last Winter off amazon and highly recommend to others:

http://www.amazon.com/Wood-Fired-Cookin ... 559&sr=8-1

KD
urbangriller

Post by urbangriller »

Yep. I picked up Seven fires a couple of weeks back, fantastic, I'm loving it!

Chris
Common Sense is so rare these days it should be a Super Power!
rodfromjoes

Post by rodfromjoes »

I read the post about seven fires a couple of weeks ago,
I am now reading my own copy and fellas, let me say the best BBQ book I have every purchased

Rodfrom Joes
MrBrown

Post by MrBrown »

urbangriller wrote:Yep. I picked up Seven fires a couple of weeks back, fantastic, I'm loving it!

Chris
ha, me too. That's why i'm buying a fire pit, I have no back yard so it needs to go on the deck. I'll pop down to the local metaland and pick up an offcut of expanded metal and Bob's your mother's live-in lover