Pitt Cue Co. - from the UK

Books books books, reviews and favourites
damo

Re: Pitt Cue Co. - from the UK

Post by damo »

NotoriousPIG wrote:Got this today and all I can say is WOW :shock: . Can't wait to try some of these recipes!!!! Cheers for sharing this one Jester. :D
+ 1

mine turned up yesterday, great book and some amazing looking recipies

weekend menu for the next 6 months sorted 8)
greeny03

Post by greeny03 »

Ordered mine a few weeks back from Dymocks. Was in the city Saturday and went to see if they had it in store. Nope, but name is still on list for when it arrives! Looking forward to when it comes in after reading these positive posts!
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

Mine came this morning, Just spent six hours reading it
Its an excellent book. For the way that Jesse described alone.
There is stuff in there for everyone from beginner to giving the pit master much inspiration and ideas to mix things up a bit.
The downside is that the book needed to be thicker with more recipes. and maybe less cocktails :roll:
I dont whow what it is with Poms but I drink my whiskey straight on ice,,, without a straw and garnish :lol:
But I do get the drinking theme they placed.
There was a lot of waffle aimed at the introductory aspect to barbecue. It was good waffle though.

I'd like to see these blokes do another book aimed square at their peers.

That said, Its worth the money just for the recipes and as another bow in your quiver.

Thanks Jesse, That was a good tip
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
http://www.aussiecue.com.au
greeny03

Post by greeny03 »

This one caught my eye the other day!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/037602798 ... X110_SY190
Jester

Post by Jester »

Glad you like it - discovering and sharing gems on BBQ is half the fun.
Eureka Smoke - Melbourne BBQ Festival 2015 Grand Champion, 2nd - Port Macquarie March 2014
Team Go To Jail - Lifetime member!
Nath

Post by Nath »

Going to pick up a pigs head this weekend and cook it up ala pulled pork head. Hopefully I can get the butcher to split it and rinse it internally for me. Rather not do that in the laundry sink with my milwaukee saber saw in front of the girlfriend.

Nath
Nath
beachbums

Post by beachbums »

Jester wrote:Glad you like it - discovering and sharing gems on BBQ is half the fun.
Thanks from us too mate, ours arrived yesterday. LOVE the back cover!

Busio90 wrote:Going to pick up a pigs head this weekend and cook it up ala pulled pork head. Hopefully I can get the butcher to split it and rinse it internally for me. Rather not do that in the laundry sink with my milwaukee saber saw in front of the girlfriend.

Nath

Pics Nath. pics :D

Cheers, Wayne
Gooboybbq

Post by Gooboybbq »

payday....this week, ordering on the sly so missus dont know....(thx austpost for prepaid visa's) cant send back once it arrives,....she will complain of another cookbook to add to my hundreds iv'e collected ...cant wait to order :mrgreen:

lee
Smoke'm If Ya Got'em "LETS BURN!!"
BurntBits

Post by BurntBits »

Thanks for the recommendation. Mine arrived today. Flicked through the recipes thinking "Gotta try that.......and that one" The wife found the Boubon cocktails and said the same. :D
John