Card Shark

Bobby Flay's Barbecue Addiction

Post by Card Shark »

beermee

Re: Bobby Flay's Barbecue Addiction

Post by beermee »

Has anyone got this yet?

is it any good?
Note that: Gary is posting on the Aussie BBQ Forum as: 'SmokeKingBBQs' (as a vendor) and 'beermee' (as a personal account)

Jester

Post by Jester »

I have it - its basically his classic recipes recycled for use with low and slow. Flavours are big, but his low and slow techniques are basic. You can find most of the recipes on the food network website, eg his brisket here: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobb ... index.html. To me, with no injection, no liquid added to the foil and spritzing every 2 hours - this would probably be dry but the bark would taste good!

His flavours are really good, he just tends to reuse them alot. One thing I like about him though is his company will send you recipes from any of his restaurants (had it on his menu).
Eureka Smoke - Melbourne BBQ Festival 2015 Grand Champion, 2nd - Port Macquarie March 2014
Team Go To Jail - Lifetime member!
beermee

Post by beermee »

Thanks jester.

I don't have his other books, so might get this one and check out his style.
Note that: Gary is posting on the Aussie BBQ Forum as: 'SmokeKingBBQs' (as a vendor) and 'beermee' (as a personal account)

Jester

Post by Jester »

Be warned, his books are addictive.
Eureka Smoke - Melbourne BBQ Festival 2015 Grand Champion, 2nd - Port Macquarie March 2014
Team Go To Jail - Lifetime member!