Bo' Weevils

Any general items, polls
dino veritas

Bo' Weevils

Post by dino veritas »

Currently in the Big Apple visiting no 2 son.

Went out last night to the Fette Sau (Fat Pig) Amarican style BBQ restaurant in Williamsburg , Brooklyn, voted no1 place of its style by" some magazine" ,ask no questions and I tell you no lies.

5 choices of mains, brisket, beef ribs, pork ribs, pulled pork, home made pork sausage all sold by weight. Quite a lineup had to wait about 20 mins in line, beer served in jars (literally jam jars), good beer which is unusual for NYC.USA has a cocktail culture rather a wine or beer culture. Typical prices $36/kg for pork, $50/kg for beef rib. Communal seating.

We ordered a bit of everything. Beef and pork ribs terrific, didn't get to taste pulled pork, son ate it all, brisket lacking flavour, sausage too salty and spicey for my taste.

USA or should I just say New York has the good and the bad all mixed together, good and bad food all priced the same.

Mama mia
DrSweetsmoke

Re: Bo' Weevils

Post by DrSweetsmoke »

Not really catching your drift. Are you making a blanket statement or critique of one place?

New York isn't really knows for it's southern BBQ. Try taking a trip to Rub for some quality Q.
RUB BBQ 208 West 23rd Street
New York, NY 10011
Hours: Sunday - Thursday 11:30am - 11pm | Friday & Saturday 11:30am - 12am
( they had a littlwe accident recently with a car driving into the building so call and see if they are open yet.)

This is the place that West Coast Customs built the beautiful bike for several years ago...the one with the smoker attached.
LA1

Post by LA1 »

Fatty Cue Williamsburg Brooklyn and West Village has interesting BBQ menus...a kind of Asian influenced Southern BBQ style.
dino veritas

Post by dino veritas »

Actually, I am not trying to make any point, just recording my experiences.

Thanks for the recommendations, but I didn't get a chance to visit any of them, next time?