Do You have your eye on a new BBQ for 2023?

Any general items, polls
Davo
Forum Administrator

Do You have your eye on a new BBQ for 2023?

Post by Davo »

Ok it's getting close to Christmas and the New Year, so are you looking for a new BBQ?

Gas, Charcoal, Pellet or any other kind?

If it's different to what you have already, what is leading you to change?

Be interesting to see what you are wanting.

I'd like another Gas BBQ to compliment my 3 kettle grills or maybe a pellet grill, not sure yet, so many brands out there now to consider.

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
Cobblerdave

Re: Do You have your eye on a new BBQ for 2023?

Post by Cobblerdave »

G’day
My gas bbq on my back verandah 3 steps from the back door is my most often used bbq. I’ve got a Aldi three burner which I’ve used to death over the 3 years of ownership. I’m hoping that Santa might give me family Q. I’ve owned a Q 200 which is still going with my nephew some 11 years later. So I know that they last.
Sigh….. but the big bucks.
Just writing this I’m gunna talk to the family. It’s the high top Weber store one in red or black with a 1/2 flat plate ….. or nothing.
Regards Dave
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

Hehehe Onya Cobbler, yeah I love the Q's, I stupidly sold my Q3200 family Q as I thought i was going to move into an apartment but that never happened and while I pine for it sometimes, I have no under cover BBQ area to cook under and the weather in the past 3 Years in Sydney has been ridiculously wet. I am expecting to make the Move down to Albury soon and my Webers have been cleaned and stowed so all I got to play with atm is my Jumbo Joe Kettle.
What do you think about those Aldi BBQs? are they worth considering? do they get hot? do they flare-up like almighty hell?

asking for a friend :lol:

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
Cobblerdave

Post by Cobblerdave »

G’day
Mate had a two burner and it worked fair enough. I brought the three burner that has a round middle burner and a cut out that you can drop a wok in. Bit underpowered at 10.5 kj but the two straight side burners were 7 kj each giving you a very usable 24kj. Choice is yours to cook lid down or up. Bars on the grate side was a little wide and it liked to flare a bit. I just put a set of grillgrates which tones it down. Love lamb chops and snags and kerbabs you still get the puff of smoke without the flame. You do lid down with trivet and foil the same as a Webber.
Hinge on the lid cracked and broke. Had to make up some new hinges bolted on but they work well enough. A rattle can coat of matt black covers a lot of evils.
ALl in all I’ve had it for three years now and know it works well for me so I’m happy with it. I don’t need to replace because it does work so I have time I suppose to find a replacement.
Regards Dave
12x7

Post by 12x7 »

The Weber Family Q is a good bbq. Over the years I collected enough flybuys points to get one. I made the mistake of getting a titanium one. Not a good choice as the colour shows up all the crap. Eventually I bought a replacement black lid. It had more space and maybe it's subjective I think it now cooks better.

Good choice red of black.

With summer coming up and the inevitable fire danger days cooking with solid fuels gets a bit tough and its alway good to have a gasser around. Far better than heating up the house in summer.

Unfortunately like most things the Family Q is now dearer to buy,
Cobblerdave

Post by Cobblerdave »

G’day guys
Merry Christmas all……
Well as we slide into 2023 I have a couple of bbq I have to learn.
An Akorn junior which I’ve had for a few months now. Big big learning curve, but well worth it. Great food from low and slow to pizza! And fugal! Stuff out the charcoal from one cook and relight for the next.
And a Q1300, yes know a refurb but it will do me. It’s taken new reg and hose and grill grates about $150 bucks but it’s good to know the parts are cheap enough and avaliable. Webers bless them has given me free of charge a new peso start also a spacer for the handle. New gas knobs are on the way $5 and free post. Champion Weber!
Regards CB
Attachments
C0C47DE2-4A5D-49D9-8E8C-61D6F663EA99.jpeg
C0C47DE2-4A5D-49D9-8E8C-61D6F663EA99.jpeg (114.79 KiB) Viewed 3088 times
12x7

Post by 12x7 »

The Weber knobs after when some grease gets on them can smear if you don't clean them straight away.
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

Yeah those knobs can smear badly if u don't keep on them.
I often had to take off the Weber Q knobs and soak them in a good dishwashing liquid to basically degrease them.

I'm now seriously looking for ideas for my next gasser.
Hoping I can buy something decent in Nat gas as my new place has Nat gas bayonets everywhere outside and inside, under cover.
I was thinking another Q3200 nat gas but seeing I'm no longer paying rent or mortgage, i'm now considering a Nat gas Genesis 4 burner for a long term keeper. It should last forever not being anywhere near salt water and being under cover..

Theres no Weber dealer in Albury now except BCF which doesn't handle the premium models so I may have to order it online unless i find something just as good.
They do have a brilliant BBQs Galore down here so i might see what they have in stock....no rush, still have my kettles but I'm just thinking when next fireban period will strike. 33 C on Xmas day so getting warmer.

Have a nice Christmas guys

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
12x7

Post by 12x7 »

If it's just you and your missus you're mainly cooking for wouldn't it be better to get a Q3200 and save the cash and spend the savings on better quality meat etc? I think you'll notice that more?
12x7

Post by 12x7 »

Davo; the Good Guys are having 20% off Weber bbq
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

12x7 wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:39 am Davo; the Good Guys are having 20% off Weber bbq
Really? Thanks 12 x 7, i'll check it out.

Merry Xmas to you and your Family mate and happy BBQing. :)
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5