German BBQ forum?

Any general items, polls
Baileysw

German BBQ forum?

Post by Baileysw »

A few years ago I was looking at building a pizza oven and in my web searches I came across a German BBQ forum. They also had contributions from Greece and other Euro countries but the bulk of the content seemed to be German BBQ's, spits, lots of delicious photos, recipes, etc

I lost my bookmark with a PC crash and now I have searched the internet high and low but can't seem to find that website. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Davo
Forum Administrator

Re: German BBQ forum?

Post by Davo »

Many traditional forums like this one has gone by the wayside and Facebook has basically taken over. Many forums are now dead and dormant and this one will be too soon if new members signing up don't get involved.
Seems that no-one wants to be bothered with these older style forums anymore unless they are really niche.

I have no idea of the forum you seek, is it in German or English?

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
paulr
Forum Administrator

Post by paulr »

Umm dont know either was the forum in english or german??

Happy BBQ-ing, Paul
http://aussiebbq.info/wp - my blog
https://lifesafeast.com.au/cookingclass ... criptions/ - great cooking classes
See Me, Feel Me, Touch Me, Beer Me.
Baileysw

Post by Baileysw »

I recall it was in German
Michael_Dunn

Post by Michael_Dunn »

My only suggestion would be to contact a German BBQ site,
e.g. Weber Germany, as their staff would most likely know
the forum (and link) you're asking about.
Manfred

Post by Manfred »

Davo wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:54 pm Many traditional forums like this one has gone by the wayside and Facebook has basically taken over. Many forums are now dead and dormant and this one will be too soon if new members signing up don't get involved.
Seems that no-one wants to be bothered with these older style forums anymore unless they are really niche.
Davo
Not correct. Many forums are still going great and Facebook is useless for information as posts get lost almost the day they are put up.

I'm a member of a car forum and it's been going strong for years and still is. Same with the caravan forum I'm on and other BBQ forums.

This one is dying for other reasons.
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

Manfred wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:15 pm
Davo wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:54 pm Many traditional forums like this one has gone by the wayside and Facebook has basically taken over. Many forums are now dead and dormant and this one will be too soon if new members signing up don't get involved.
Davo
Not correct. Many forums are still going great and Facebook is useless for information as posts get lost almost the day they are put up.

I'm a member of a car forum and it's been going strong for years and still is. Same with the caravan forum I'm on and other BBQ forums.

This one is dying for other reasons.

I didn't say all traditional forums Manfred, I said many forums and yes social media has taken it's toll on them, especially facebook where a forum now comprises of more a group than a forum such as this.
One of the reasons too is the present cost of Hosting, those who started forums single handedly, if they don't comprise of Google ads to help with the cost of hosting the site, pending the amount of bandwidth needed, it becomes a drain on finances.
The Owner of a bicycle forum just recently put it to the members to come up with a fairer way to share the costs of hosting the forum and there's still a lot of argy bargy with that.

Not denying there's other reasons for the demise of this forum and as I've promised not to bring it up on other BBQ forums to the Admin staff there, I'd appreciate the same here too.

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5