Everdure 4K

Any general items, polls
Truman

Everdure 4K

Post by Truman »

Anyone got one? Happy with it? Obviously not what it's designed for, but any good for hood up grilling?
Angryman65

Re: Everdure 4K

Post by Angryman65 »

At nearly 3 grand for an electric UDS I don't know that many will have them.

I certainly can't afford it.
Vegetarian is an old Indian word for bad hunter.
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

As far as I know, nobody bar you just now has mentioned them, although we have had enquiries about other Heston's Everdure models since he has been the talking piece for them, so I juat googled it and watched a small video of Heston explain about it....

Seems like a good unit, maybe a good way to get some charcoal cooking on a balcony of an apartment without getting your neighbours upset....looks like it kind of works a bit like a Komado only that it will light up itself.

If you do happen to get one, make sure you come back with a review and some pics of your cooking on it.

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
Truman

Post by Truman »

Will do; thanks Davo. At the moment, I'm checking out a few options, but given the son wants a pizza oven, this might somewhat satisfy us both. I've seen it in-store - it's a really solid looking unit, much larger than it might appear in photos. My main query, and a key feature I'm looking for in a new unit, is grilling. I can cook a nice roast in the simple weber family Q (and even add some wood chips), so it's hot grilling I'm really lacking.
paulr
Forum Administrator

Post by paulr »

A saw some of the same videos (I reckon) as Davo, and as far as heat goes you cant beat charcoal..
Looks like a good model (wonder how long it takes to heat up the charcoal); you may find that it will burn until the charcoal is finished...
Let us know how you go!

Happy BBQ-ing, Paul
http://aussiebbq.info/wp - my blog
https://lifesafeast.com.au/cookingclass ... criptions/ - great cooking classes
See Me, Feel Me, Touch Me, Beer Me.