New BBQ and Entertainment area - which BBQ set-up?

Any general items, polls
Truman

New BBQ and Entertainment area - which BBQ set-up?

Post by Truman »

All comments greatly appreciated.

We're building a new outdoor entertainment area, 5.5m x 5.5m (for furniture) + an adjoining 1.8m x 2.7m area (with dwarf wall along two edges with bench along those two edges + an another adjoining 2m x 2.7m area for BBQ stuff. All undercover. (Think of a 'T' shape.) All facing the new pool (located at the bottom of the 'T').

We're thinking, for the first of those two adjoining areas that its benchtops will be used for serving, drinks, glasses etc, with cabinets under to store cutlery, glasses etc and a glass-fronted double bar fridge.

The other adjoining area is where you come in :) We're currently thinking a dwarf wall 2.7m long with say a 0.6m return. I'm thinking a new freestanding BBQ, up to about 2.5m long, with cupboards beneath. Another option would be to build a benchtop along the dwarf wall and have a benchmounted BBQ, but I feel that might be quite limiting if I want to change BBQs later. Another option is to build the dwarf wall, and stick with our current (quite new) family webber, kettle weber and small charcoal weber.

Any thoughts on set-up and/or brands? (I prefer high heat for grilling, but also do roasts etc.)

(As an aside, I am interested in the H. Blumenthal charcoal BBQs - any comments on those? (I could put one on a benchtop.))
12x7

Re: New BBQ and Entertainment area - which BBQ set-up?

Post by 12x7 »

There's so many choices.

To narrow it down how much do you want to spend?

eg You can get some real nice outdoor kitchens for about $5 thousand.
Truman

Post by Truman »

Yep, $5k is OK if it gets me a good BBQ, with hood etc, with cupboards underneath, some drawers would be nice too; about 2-2.5m long.

What's seen as the top 3 good brands these days for grilling but also roasting with hood down?

And you reckon allowing for freestanding BBQ(s) is the way to go rather than creating benchspace only?
12x7

Post by 12x7 »

Truman wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:50 am Yep, $5k is OK if it gets me a good BBQ, with hood etc, with cupboards underneath, some drawers would be nice too; about 2-2.5m long.

What's seen as the top 3 good brands these days for grilling but also roasting with hood down?

And you reckon allowing for freestanding BBQ(s) is the way to go rather than creating benchspace only?
Which city are you in. Makes it easier for people to recommend local bbq places.

Are you close to the ocean?

eg. If you're near the ocean a big problem is rust.

The outdoor kitchens can roast. To do that you really should be connected to natural gas or have large tanks installed.
Truman

Post by Truman »

Ok, am thinking the Ziegler & Brown Grand Turbo 6 burner BBQ. (Its actually 2 x 3 burners, ie, 2 separate hoods.)

Comments on those?
12x7

Post by 12x7 »

One of these for $4,599 from BBQ Galore?

https://www.barbequesgalore.com.au/zieg ... urner-cart

Truman

Post by Truman »

Yes 12x 7, but the 2 x 3 burner style, Grand Turbo. See separate post ive just started just a few moments ago.

https://www.zieglerandbrown.com.au/barb ... o-barbeque