Forum Tidy up and Changes

Any general items, polls
Davo
Forum Administrator

Forum Tidy up and Changes

Post by Davo »

Hi Members,

We decided it was time to make some changes within the forum and some of the categories that were here have now been merged with those of similar ilk.
So all red meats like Beef, Pork, Lamb & Game have been merged into Abbatoirs then the seafoods become Equatic, Chicken and other Poultry become Birds of a Feather etc.
Some categories were just deleted because they hadn't been used for a long time and the posts weren't real interesting so we just kicked 'em out.

We're doing this primarily to make the forum a bit more user friendly and condensed because many of the major comments we got was the forum had became too big and cluttered so after many suggestions read and thought about, Lovey (Moderator) and Myself (Admin) have been busy with the broom and hopefully it looks better....please tell us what you think...we would like some feedback if possible.

Theres still a bit to do, I want to write a new tutorial about posting pictures directly into the forum instead of the old post we have in Welcome where we used to have to rely on 3rd party Photo editing and forwarding but before we can do that, I have the owner of the Forum Paulr to look at ways we can auto post pics without having to resize them first which in my book is a major pain in the a...

Most of the work is done, some little bits here n there still need attending to.

I didn't want to shorten the forum to the point where it'd be too boring, so hopefully it'll be easy for people to browse through.

Anyway, if anyone else has other suggestions or ideas, we'd love to hear them and some feedback of the work we've already done so we know if we're on the right track or not.

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
titch

Re: Forum Tidy up and Changes

Post by titch »

Good one, its looking neater
Cheers
Titch