OMG - No posts for 2 years

Any general items, polls
12x7

OMG - No posts for 2 years

Post by 12x7 »

I'm guessing Davo is cleaning up the forum.

I popped over to check out the Kamado section and the latest post was 2017!

Anyone dropping in for the first time would think nobody is interested in Kamados.

No panic. They have just moved to the charcoal section.
panic.jpg
panic.jpg (19.28 KiB) Viewed 9473 times
Davo
Forum Administrator

Re: OMG - No posts for 2 years

Post by Davo »

Yeah mate, Lovey is doing some sorting out by placing the Komado post in with the charcoal posts then I'll delete Komado....this is to reduce and tidy up the board as many have suggested.

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
12x7

Post by 12x7 »

Davo wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:59 am Yeah mate, Lovey is doing some sorting out by placing the Komado post in with the charcoal posts then I'll delete Komado....this is to reduce and tidy up the board as many have suggested.

Davo
That's a good idea. No quite worked out why it had a separate section in the first place.

With so many new charcoal cookers which fit somewhere between a kettle and kamado it's pretty hard to work out which section so just having charcoal is better.
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

Yeah 12 x 7, but during the heady times of the forum and Komados getting popular, those on the forum requested a new Komado forum the differentiate between the Kettle and Komado...there was a bit of rivalry back then between the two....so as different BBQs came out on the market....so there was a need to keep everyone happy.

But out of all the categories in the entire forum....no other forum than Pellet cookers caused the most mayhem.... :? :roll:
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
12x7

Post by 12x7 »

Lovey moved back to Jan 2015.

It’s an interesting time warp effect seeing who, what is being posted in the Kamado section as it moves to the charcoal section.
12x7

Post by 12x7 »

Empty
gone.JPG
gone.JPG (19.27 KiB) Viewed 9424 times
the dane

Post by the dane »

But in saying that only 44 posts under Charcoal since 2017. 5 or 6 years ago there would have been 44 posts in charcoal every six hours

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

vik351

Post by vik351 »

Book Face stuffed it all up...!!!

I’m back for a looksee...

How P.C. Are we ...???

Vik... :P :P :P
Image[/img]
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

the dane wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:44 am But in saying that only 44 posts under Charcoal since 2017. 5 or 6 years ago there would have been 44 posts in charcoal every six hours

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
yeah...don't think this forum will ever see those good days again...not that many forums are since immediate social media is going great guns...but even some FB groups are losing interest quiet fast...i think burn out rate is faster lol

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
12x7

Post by 12x7 »

I think things have quietened down quite a bit everywhere.

I looked at some of the other BBQ places eg FB and forums and it looks like people are getting bored and not posting anywhere as much.

The hardware sections are pretty dead. Nobody seems interested or new innovations are not worth mentioning.

It's not like the good old days!

Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

Wow 12 x 7, they are some nice retro pics....yep the way it used to be.

But you're right though about everything slowing down throughout all the BBQ forums but not only that, but other forums too, motorcycle forums that I was on have all but died.....some FB BBQ groups I've even had to leave.....just don't have the time to follow all.

Having a smaller and quieter forum at times is less work...that can be nice....Lovey and I had tidied the forum up a bit so it's not as big...so hopefully we can still have some good conversation here...it's not entirely a ghost town around here. We still get a good round of new members signing up but they don't talk much.

I think too that others have read and spread many of the techniques that are used on bbqs to other forums and media, so it's not hard to find info on the snake or minion method or reverse sear and stuff now...everyone's an expert so it seems lol.

Many of the guys on here or have returned or just call in from time to time...just do their own thing these days, retreat to the backyard not worrying about setting the world on fire but simply enjoying the past time of good BBQ....quite often leaving the camera phone inside the house. I still like chillin out here and have a chat to anyone about BBQ or anything else 'round here...I'm not stressed anymore :lol: :lol: 8)

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
vik351

Post by vik351 »

“....quite often leaving the camera phone inside the house. I still like chillin out here and have a chat to anyone about BBQ or anything else 'round here..”

I reckon your right davo...!!! now that every man and huz dog has a mobile and taken a pic of every meal they have had and shared it, borrring...!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Bit like when Vhs and Beta flicks came out and all the movie theaters closed :? Now L.P. Records and turntables are back in

So bookk face will die off ( startin to give me the shits now big time) and the chips we get injected with will be the next thing

:cry: :| :roll:

Whats next...???

Vik...
Image[/img]