12x7

Re: Its Quiet on this Board

Post by 12x7 »

Lurkers and bots
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

I was going to give it another shot but was hailed down for it so not going to bother anymore.
Its just not worth the headache and heartache anymore. :cry:
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
12x7

Post by 12x7 »

Hey Davo,

The world's an interesting place. Things go in cycles.

One of the cycles I'm hoping to see go the other way soon is the price of beef!

Youtube channels seem to have lots of good videos about bbq.
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

Yeah the price of Beef, I think many Countries unless their currency is high, will continue to buy out beef unless Chinese has a change of heart.
I haven't BBQ'd much at all this year, all my Webers have been cleaned and stowed into the Garage waiting for our relocation down South.
I'm actually getting back to become interested in Photography again so might be concentrating more on that. I need more lenses for my entry level DSLR lol. Can't afford these overpriced Mirrorless jobs plus mine can lift the mirror up and I can just use the flip screen and focus tap on that and use it like a Mirrorless Camera, best of both worlds actually. Mine is a Nikon D5600 with the kit 18-55mm and the 70-300mm zoom.
Too many hobbies, not enough money :lol:
I've really lost interest in a lot of BBQ stuff recently, it seems like every man and his dog are trying to emulate something they've seen on Youtube....I'm over it!!
I still like to talk BBQ and other stuff and could still use this platform to do it, but can't get enough people into staying here.
I'm also not going over to SF&F much lately either, I get the feeling that the mod/owners think I'm a bit of a nuisance.

If I could get even just 3-5 people who would stay here and regularly talk BBQ and restart a community, I would then consider rebuilding this forum. So would that mean you 12 x 7, Titch and Myself :mrgreen:

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
12x7

Post by 12x7 »

Had to laugh at the way this forum adds ads.
I wonder that logic was used "where to next?" had to do with rising beef prices?
ad.png
ad.png (64.4 KiB) Viewed 2683 times
OzPitman

Post by OzPitman »

Well anyone who wants to, let's pick the place up! I wanna be here more and pick all your brains on bbq to perfect my own :wink:
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

Well Oz, if you're willing to help me get this place going again, perhaps we can give it a shot eh.

Haven't had someone so keen on here for ages :lol:

This used to be the biggest BBQ forum in Australia from 2008 till mid teens....but things change with multi media so it's hard for traditional forums like this one and it is kind of an outdated style. I'm not the owner and I don't have the tech knowledge to modernise it.

Regards

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
OzPitman

Post by OzPitman »

Sure I'd be happy to help, the reason Im here is ita nice and specific. It may be an old style format of forum but it's sought out by those who specifically wanna bbq. Can't be interrupted by random shit like on face book etc.
nic0

Post by nic0 »

Did a heap of smoking over Xmas but didn't take many pictures. Had both the offset and pellet grill going Xmas eve. Did brisket and ribs in the offset and the turkey in the pellet grill. Will definitely start posting on here a bit more often.
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

I've never attempted turkey before as it was never part of our culture i guess and to buy a Turkey anywhere in Australia back in the 60's and 70's, even chicken was a special dish around Xmas.
I almost bought some turkey wings a few weeks ago but backed out T the last minute because to be truthful, they were huge and I was scared of them :lol:
It will be great to have you here more often NicO.

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
OzPitman

Post by OzPitman »

I once got $3 whole frozen turkeys in warrabrook XD. Now I know your just down the road, not 5 minutes away from me I'll let you know if I ever see anything like that again.

Where do you get your meat Davo? Any secret places with great sneaky deals?

I'm going to do a pastrami at work or in my kettle soon. I'll let you know how it goes, welcome advice.
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

Oz, go and check out Harris Farm Markets in Darby St, Cooks Hill for beef Tri,tip.

We have an awesome HFM here in Albury where i live now and they've got cuts of meat to rival Costco.

Although on saying that, I'd love to have a Costco nearby, closest now is either Melbourne or Canberra.
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
OzPitman

Post by OzPitman »

Ok will do! I misunderstood, thought you currently live in Kotara, my bad. Will check out Harris markets, we have a Costco in boolaroo now. Will check that too cheers. Gonna work on a pastrami
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

OzPitman wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:21 pm Well anyone who wants to, let's pick the place up! I wanna be here more and pick all your brains on bbq to perfect my own :wink:
Lots of brains to pick over at https://www.smokefireandfood.com/forum/

Many of them were here at one stage so they are all good BBQers, you'll find a lot more BBQ help there. I won't be doing much more here anymore.....the owner of this forum just doesn't care....never has and never will :roll:

So if you want an already active BBQ forum, head over to https://www.smokefireandfood.com/forum/

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5