Barbecue Chef is a scam

Any general items, polls
RazzaFazz

Barbecue Chef is a scam

Post by RazzaFazz »

Beware of Barbecuechef.com.au it is a scam! They have a reasonable website offering brand name BBQs at discounted prices. They will give you further discount if you pay by bank transfer. Once they have your money you will not hear from them again. There is no contact phone number or full address. Stay away. Reported to ACCC and ACORN, but the site is still active.
gnol

Re: Barbecue Chef is a scam

Post by gnol »

Prices for the webers are certainly cheap.

Anyone else ever heard of them.

If they are fraudulently taking payment it would probably be quicker to inform the companies whom they sell stock for. Probably get a quicker response if they got involved.

What did you pay for that you did not receive?
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

Hi Razza

Just wondering if this actually happenned to you or someone you know or was this hear-say by others you heard or read.
We have to be careful not to rubbish a business on just hearsay due to legal factors...but if you have proof....then fair enough.....if they are based in Australia, they are bound by Australian consumer laws....Dept. of fair trading often looks after these matters.

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
RazzaFazz

Post by RazzaFazz »

Hi Davo, Yes it happened to me. They advertise all high end BBQs. I ordered a WeberQ 2200 and paid $348.00 to them. It was a 22% discount. Unfortunately I was naive, and didn't realise I had been robbed until I tried to contact them! The only contact was email, their address was incomplete and no phone number. I finally found reference to Barbecue Chef on the Oz Bargain forum to confirm my suspicions. I have reported to ACCC and ACORN and my bank, but I hold little hope in getting my money back. :evil:
Mainey . . .

Post by Mainey . . . »

:idea:

Looking on Mr google it is a known scam :(

LINK: https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/421286

An experienced cook & now a Weber Baby 'Q' devotee...
it's a very different world where you can smell but can't see what's happening with your food
:P
Unzippy

Post by Unzippy »

We'll be back soon.
We are currently updating our shop and will be back really soon.
Thanks for your patience.
:|