Parilla style brick BBQ design plans?

Any general items, polls
L2obin

Parilla style brick BBQ design plans?

Post by L2obin »

Hi everyone. I am conceptualising a backyard BBQ area, at the heard of which would be a central brick BBQ cooking area ala parilla style.

Thus I am looking for design plans for a parilla style BBQ housing to be made from bricks and steel/stainless steel combination with internal chamber diameter to be ~1.8m long x 0.7m deep (height TBD based on design).

I am planning to incorporate into this housing a spit roast, grilling and skewer assembly (interchangeable).

I am unsure of what the restrictions and guides are for chamber height and chimney size and design and would really appreciate some help here along with any tips or resources on the design itself..

Ideally I would like to be able to control the air flow to the charcoal (without choking down on the chimney) and have a clean convenient method of disposing of the burnt out charcoal during anger cooks like spit roasts.
food&fish

Re: Parilla style brick BBQ design plans?

Post by food&fish »

Google images will give you ideas
L2obin

Re: Parilla style brick BBQ design plans?

Post by L2obin »

Indeed I have been looking at these. However, ensuring that there is no flaw in the smoke pull/updraft is one of my primary concerns. Its hard to get the dimensions from the images themselves. On the other hand, I have also come across some precast BBQs that are being sold. These sound great, but either do not ship to AU or if they do are models that do not fit the purpose...