Todays Poll is.....

Any general items, polls
C.B & S.

Todays Poll is.....

Post by C.B & S. »

Lets see if all members who sign in today can do a post......there's a challenge for ya!! :o :shock: :o
"Keeping Smoking Simple" (c)
Aldi Smoker. Camp Chef 18" Smoke Vault/ Masterbuilt Thermo-Temp XL--( All Gas )
Z & B 4 burner Turbo Classic
Maverick ET-7/72.Thermoworx Smoke
Yoder Kingsman & Other BBQ gear for HIRE.

hoddo

Re: Todays Poll is.....

Post by hoddo »

Hey nice try C.B&S, looks like no one wants to play. By the way a poll is where everyone votes on something, probly should have called this thread Today's Challenge. Now the weather is nice and cold it's time to smoke some cheese, I did 10 kilo last night. If you haven't tried, its very easy and turns cheap cheddar (like aldi cowbelle $6 a kilo ) into something special. Leave cheese (about 250-330 grm blocks work well) out of the fridge till room temp, this will avoid any condensation on it. Cold smoke (under 90f) for about 1 hr, let it rest for a few hrs then vac pac and store in the fridge for 4 weeks if you can wait that long. Straight out of the smoker it tastes like it's been rolled in an ashtray, it's ok after a week but after 4 the smoke really permeates the cheese. In the past I have had it in the fridge unopened for over a year and it's awesome.
C.B & S.

Post by C.B & S. »

Yeah probably right about that....well whatever ....good to see you posted something positive well done fella. And thanks....
Believe it or not Hoddo I did some aldi cheese and some jarlsberg in the Aldi/Hark gasser recently .
Was a bit of a challenge but like you said the taste is flipping fantastic.
Cheers.
Ohh and nice to see Someone Famous & Friendly jump in!!
hoddo wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:48 pm Hey nice try C.B&S, looks like no one wants to play. By the way a poll is where everyone votes on something, probly should have called this thread Today's Challenge. Now the weather is nice and cold it's time to smoke some cheese, I did 10 kilo last night. If you haven't tried, its very easy and turns cheap cheddar (like aldi bluebelle $6 a kilo ) into something special. Leave cheese (about 250-330 grm blocks work well) out of the fridge till room temp, this will avoid any condensation on it. Cold smoke (under 90f) for about 1 hr, let it rest for a few hrs then vac pac and store in the fridge for 4 weeks if you can wait that long. Straight out of the smoker it tastes like it's been rolled in an ashtray, it's ok after a week but after 4 the smoke really permeates the cheese. In the past I have had it in the fridge unopened for over a year and it's awesome.

hoddo

Post by hoddo »

Thanks C.B & S. If you were referring to me, I'm definitely friendly, sometimes a smartass, but most assuredly not famous :). The only real challenge is keeping the temp down so the cheese doesn't melt, adding ice to the smoker can raise humidity and that's a problem but I have used 1 liter plastic milk containers filled with water and frozen and had good results. Jarlsberg is my favorite cheese
C.B & S.

Post by C.B & S. »

Well reasonably famous then if you like. And I am sure everyone can be a SA at some time.
pity I can't get friggin pictures up.
You did see my first attempt... :lol:
When I did my cheese I just played with the door and bit (ajar) and turned the jarlsberg when it began to droop a little. :o
Must note your ice and water for the next batch.
Cheers.

lockyer

Post by lockyer »

:D :D :D
the dane

Post by the dane »

No tapatalk now what soo ever. Any idea what happened
baguspeter

Post by baguspeter »

I'm here. Quiet weekend just a bit if grilling on the Q but looking forward to a whole oyster blade next weekend. :lol:
Burnt offerings

Post by Burnt offerings »

Here's my post for today.

GMG Daniel Boon WiFi, Weber OTG, ProQ Excel 20, small generic kettle, other BBQ stuff.
I like BBQ stuff!
2014 Commonwealth Games Gold medal winner!
World shooting Champion.
5 time Olympian.