BBQ festivals...

Any general items, polls
Post Reply
lockyer
Posts: 228
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:23 pm
Location: Oz

BBQ festivals...

Post by lockyer » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:20 am

My wife was not that interested in what I did when it came to the bbq, but since we have had the nbn connected and our new smart tv, she enjoyed watching some of the utube on smoking etc that I was watching. So she was interested in going along to a bbq show/festival.....that was till she saw the price.
So I was interested in finding out have other members gone along to these festivals as a genersl public entry not as a display or comp entry ?

I pointed out to her that for just the entry fee that is 2 large bits of meats and a small packet of heat beads.. :shock:

Do home shows have much in the way of cooking displays ??? There is one coming up soon that we might go to instead.
Cheers L


C.B & S.
Posts: 185
Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 9:05 pm
Location: Mt.waverley, Victoria
Contact:

Re: BBQ festivals...

Post by C.B & S. » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:09 am

Hey Lawrence,
I have been to a couple here in Melb...Kansas C.B.A. ones as a punter. First one was free at the Q. Vict market. Great weekend just wrong venue, obviously why they moved it.
Went this year and have to say I do feel the entry cost is a little high imo.
In regards to the home shows it's probably more towards the kitchen & patio range of gear. But in saying that they all probably vary from show to show.
Cheers.
"Keeping Smoking Simple" (c)
Aldi Smoker. Camp Chef 18" Smoke Vault/ Masterbuilt Thermo-Temp XL--( All Gas )
Z & B 4 burner Turbo Classic
Maverick ET-7/72.Thermoworx Smoke
Yoder Kingsman & Other BBQ gear for HIRE.













Davo
Forum Administrator
Posts: 5136
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:44 am
Location: Down & Out in Beverly Hills....NSW that is....

Re: BBQ festivals...

Post by Davo » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:18 pm

I've yet to go to the large Meatstock fastivals yet as I've been working on those weekends but the original festival up in Port Macquarie is awesome. About 30 bucks a head but that included a Blues concert all day too but it was free to roam around the Camping park where the cooking was done and check out the good gear and talk to the teams.
I've heard the one in Gold Coast and Banglow is good too.
I tend to like smaller events coz the big ones just get too crowded....I hate huge crowds but at Port mac, plenty of places to move around. Lots of BBQ vendors on the Saturday during the festival as well.
You will always find that this type of food is never cheap, the cost of meat, the time it takes to cook it properly will always be represented in the end user price...as well as the sites costs.

Go to the ABA website and check out some upcoming events: http://ausbbq.com.au/upcoming-events/

cheers Davo

PS: still here atm....keeping a 8) low profile
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5

lockyer
Posts: 228
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:23 pm
Location: Oz

Re: BBQ festivals...

Post by lockyer » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:12 am

Davo wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:18 pm
I've yet to go to the large Meatstock fastivals yet as I've been working on those weekends but the original festival up in Port Macquarie is awesome. About 30 bucks a head but that included a Blues concert all day too but it was free to roam around the Camping park where the cooking was done and check out the good gear and talk to the teams.
I've heard the one in Gold Coast and Banglow is good too.
I tend to like smaller events coz the big ones just get too crowded....I hate huge crowds but at Port mac, plenty of places to move around. Lots of BBQ vendors on the Saturday during the festival as well.
You will always find that this type of food is never cheap, the cost of meat, the time it takes to cook it properly will always be represented in the end user price...as well as the sites costs.

Go to the ABA website and check out some upcoming events: http://ausbbq.com.au/upcoming-events/

cheers Davo

PS: still here atm....keeping a 8) low profile
Hi Davo,
I too do not like large crowds, the cost of any food at any expo/festival is always on the costly side..
I have done a lot of security at these type of events over the years and they charge the exhibition holders an arm and a leg but it is the promoter who makes the $$$ from the entry fee's. The one at Port Macquarie sounds like a good idea - free to walk around the cooking/product display !!
Cheers L

baguspeter
Posts: 160
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:56 pm
Location: Mt Macedon,Victoria

Re: BBQ festivals...

Post by baguspeter » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:13 pm

The Burleigh Bbq Championship is to be held on the 5th and 6th of August and admission is free, there will be bands ,food vendors ,bbq equipment vendors with the championship judging taking place sunday morning, 50 teams competing so it promises to be a great weekend.
Image

C.B & S.
Posts: 185
Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 9:05 pm
Location: Mt.waverley, Victoria
Contact:

Re: BBQ festivals...

Post by C.B & S. » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:35 pm

baguspeter wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:13 pm
The Burleigh Bbq Championship is to be held on the 5th and 6th of August and admission is free, there will be bands ,food vendors ,bbq equipment vendors with the championship judging taking place sunday morning, 50 teams competing so it promises to be a great weekend.
Great to see a "Free" entry event for the average punter....just goes to show it can be done.
Cheers.
"Keeping Smoking Simple" (c)
Aldi Smoker. Camp Chef 18" Smoke Vault/ Masterbuilt Thermo-Temp XL--( All Gas )
Z & B 4 burner Turbo Classic
Maverick ET-7/72.Thermoworx Smoke
Yoder Kingsman & Other BBQ gear for HIRE.













baguspeter
Posts: 160
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:56 pm
Location: Mt Macedon,Victoria

Re: BBQ festivals...

Post by baguspeter » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:18 pm

C.B & S. wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:35 pm
baguspeter wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:13 pm
The Burleigh Bbq Championship is to be held on the 5th and 6th of August and admission is free, there will be bands ,food vendors ,bbq equipment vendors with the championship judging taking place sunday morning, 50 teams competing so it promises to be a great weekend.
Great to see a "Free" entry event for the average punter....just goes to show it can be done.
Cheers.
I know a lot of people object to high entry fees and then having to buy everything inside,this one should attract a large crowd
Image


Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests