ch9 a Current Affair dumps on the Weber

Any general items, polls
Mainey . . .

ch9 a Current Affair dumps on the Weber

Post by Mainey . . . »

:roll:

Watched the channel 9 TV show A Current Affair as it was doing a segment on the 'best BBQ' tonight

A budget priced thing from a hardware shop won their choice :)

The Weber Baby Q was not looked on at all favorably as it was said to be too small :)
There was no mention of the Weber having a very high heat

They did have a (dismal) $250 limit lol

Some of the others were a waste of time and effort with storage trays laying so far forward the food was falling back onto the grill, but they did not winge too much because it had a good color on the snags :)

The conglomerate called Choice was represented and they did not like the Weber either, however I remember the Weber advertising states Weber is a winner according to Choice :roll:
An experienced cook & now a Weber Baby 'Q' devotee...
it's a very different world where you can smell but can't see what's happening with your food
:P
Captain

Re: ch9 a Current Affair dumps on the Weber

Post by Captain »

I find it amazing that woman and her producers aren't in jail as they should be for all the bullshit they spurt. Never let the truth or facts get in the way of a story.
Nothing to see here.
mymonaro

Post by mymonaro »

Definitely a scientific study into bbqs, NOT!

Who were the "experts" doing the cooking?

The Choice representative's comment about hoping to get at least a summer out of the bbq or better still two, surprised me. I would have thought, years of use would be expected from a bbq.

Yes, in the past Choice has stated that Weber Q was their recommendation.

Did anyone else notice that one half of the grill in the Baby Q had been turned upside down?

I went to the Mitre 10 website and I am unable to find the bbq which was featured in the segment.
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

mymonaro wrote:Definitely a scientific study into bbqs, NOT!

Who were the "experts" doing the cooking?

The Choice representative's comment about hoping to get at least a summer out of the bbq or better still two, surprised me. I would have thought, years of use would be expected from a bbq.

Yes, in the past Choice has stated that Weber Q was their recommendation.

Did anyone else notice that one half of the grill in the Baby Q had been turned upside down?

I went to the Mitre 10 website and I am unable to find the bbq which was featured in the segment.
You beat me to it my monaro.....some bloody experts eh.....wouldn't know s***t from clay....first thing i noticed it the half grill upside down....Plus....they were grilling with lid up and if they knew anything about Weber, they are not designed for that...if they used it the way it was supposed to be used with lid down...the results would be different.
But these 'experts' know it all don't they......IDIOTS!!

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
mymonaro

Post by mymonaro »

Yes Davo, I thought the same thing about the Weber with the lid up. Not the way to use a Weber Q, as we all know. Well, nearly everyone, except for the so called experts in the segment.
El Bisho

Post by El Bisho »

Lads.....I make it a general rule never to watch ACA but would like to have seen the segment for a laugh. ACA can only be treated as pure comedy and it is a worry that we have enough avid viewers to sustain its life on telly. Hope I have not offended any Grimshaw fans!
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

I saw it, And safe to say it was nothing but a paid advertorial. Throw together some train smash chefs on the take, A ditzy compare and you are supposedly presented with the truth. Choice let themselves down (Again) and shows that money talks with their opinions.
Obviously a total fubar, Even if the cheap shit hardware store bbq cooked a half decent snag,,, Those "Chefs" need re schooling if they could not cook on any of the listed barbecues. It was obvious the way they were pushing snags around on the so called "Poor" cookers.
You can make any bbq work, The crime here is the sell out of the so called "Chefs" and Choice.
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
http://www.aussiecue.com.au
titch

Post by titch »

Unfortunately , people watch these shows and make decisions based on them.
Marketing :roll:
Cheers
Titch
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

I'm hoping they display this segment on their webpage coz I'm going to send them some real feedback :twisted:

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
mymonaro

Post by mymonaro »

Davo wrote:I'm hoping they display this segment on their webpage coz I'm going to send them some real feedback :twisted:

Cheers

Davo
I went to their Facebook page but one is unable to post comments. Although I did not see any reference to the bbq story.
Mainey . . .

Post by Mainey . . . »

mymonaro wrote:
I went to their Facebook page but one is unable to post comments. Although I did not see any reference to the bbq story.

If you posted something negative, it would probably be deleted by someone who wants to keep the site 'clean' too :)
An experienced cook & now a Weber Baby 'Q' devotee...
it's a very different world where you can smell but can't see what's happening with your food
:P
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

Mainey . . . wrote:
mymonaro wrote:

If you posted something negative, it would probably be deleted by someone who wants to keep the site 'clean' too :)

Yeah they are scared to be shown up by their crappy reporting...oh well...at least WE know the truth!! :lol:

Smokey is right though, ACA are nothing but an Advertorial show, not that much different to those morning shows flogging off vaccum cleaners and the latest weight loss machines....they get paid by the sponsors to paint them in a good light and it's the same shite every few Months....they do a supermarket v's Wholesalers and the best of blah blah blah....and who are these people who do the testing....jeez I'm glad i'm not usually home to watch this dribble...i was home on the bbq night only coz of a crook leg.....
They might do a show now and then when they chase down a ripp-off merchant who makes a B-Line in his expensive car coz he/ she don't want to speak with a bunch of Amateur reporters....even crooks have got taste :lol:

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5