keeping the BBQ forum going

Any general items, polls
Davo
Forum Administrator

Re: keeping the BBQ forum going

Post by Davo »

mymonaro wrote:It is good to see a considerable number of posts at this forum during the last week or so. Perhaps this forum will live to see another day....I hope so.
And I certainly hope that you'll be a part of it mymonaro :D

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
mymonaro

Post by mymonaro »

Davo wrote:
mymonaro wrote:It is good to see a considerable number of posts at this forum during the last week or so. Perhaps this forum will live to see another day....I hope so.
And I certainly hope that you'll be a part of it mymonaro :D

Cheers

Davo
I have been....I check in most days.
Lovey
Forum Moderator

Post by Lovey »

It's certainly been a turnaround, and great to see the number and quality of new posts recently. There were weeks, sometimes even months where I'd check on the forum on the desk top and only see one red section (indicating a new post). Now I'm checking in almost daily and there's heaps more red sections to browse through.
Great work everyone, I'm sure the momentum will keep up.
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

certainly hope so Lovey.....I wish I could post more in here but my work hours presently won't allow me....so I'll try and keep things happening. :)
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

Hi Folks....there might (and i'll use this word losely :lol: ) be an outage sometime over the weekend as Paul looks into updating the forum version.

So if you can't log on or access the forum, then it might be out for a bit...have patience.....we are trying to get this forum up to scratch.

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
lockyer

Post by lockyer »

Davo wrote:Hi Folks....there might (and i'll use this word losely :lol: ) be an outage sometime over the weekend as Paul looks into updating the forum version.

So if you can't log on or access the forum, then it might be out for a bit...have patience.....we are trying to get this forum up to scratch.

Cheers

Davo
A man goes away for a weekend and comes back to find your trying to break the place :D :D
So did the update happen ???

Cheers L
FirePlay

Post by FirePlay »

Hi Davo

I'm an old member who fondly remembers what this place used to be like and can also remember when things went to custard. I just wanted to add my 2c to say I completely agree with the path you are taking here and if the software / rego side of things gets sorted I'm confident this forum can regain its former glory. You have done amazingly well holding things together through all this - I tip my hat to you. No-one is more deserving of a kick back with a few ales and some fine Q - although I'm confident you can still find time for some of that!

Your dedication to the cause is inspirational, as is the time and advice you have given to so many people looking to improve their 'Qing. The record is all still there for everyone to see - well played sir!
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

Hi there Fireplay, great to see you again....hope you'll be a part of keeping this forum going...things might be a little quiet for a bit .....I'm struggling to get enough time to BBQ at the moment let alone tend to here but I won't give up yet.

Thanks for your kind words mate....it keeps me motivated :D

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

lockyer wrote:
Davo wrote:Hi Folks....there might (and i'll use this word losely :lol: ) be an outage sometime over the weekend as Paul looks into updating the forum version.

Cheers

Davo
A man goes away for a weekend and comes back to find your trying to break the place :D :D
So did the update happen ???

Cheers L
Hi Lockyer.....umm...I see no evidence of it yet....haven't heard back from Paul which is often the case....I'll keep sticking a very sharp needle into him until he jumps into action....just don't hold one's breath lol :roll:

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

rather than start another subject.....I'll post it here....I'll be away for 2 days this weekend due to doing an overnight trekking (bicycle) and camping overnighter somewhere in the Hawkesbury....nice little short getaway after a gruelling week at work....jesus...my bike weighs a tonne...dunno how I'm gonna pedal it uphill....I ain't a youngin' anymore :lol:

Anyway....cya all in the next week....happy bbqing :)

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
lockyer

Post by lockyer »

Have fun Davo, I don't think you do that here atm we have had a heat wave for the last 5 days and still 2 more days in the mid to hi 30's.

Cheers L
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

The bike trip went ok but didn't camp.....stayed at a mate's place after the group I was supposed to be with decided to ride on a leave me to my own devices......had no idea they were mostly all under 35....no way I could keep up....oh well...the Wiseman's ferry pub had nice cold beer while waiting for my mate to bring his ute :lol:

Back to reality now with my usual 14+ hours away from home......hard to get near a computer at work....have to do anything on my mobile.

Anyway......regarding the upgrades, had a PM from paul (forum owner) and he said that it's proving a bit difficult in the upgrading so he's going to work on it over his weekend again to figure out why it's not going to plan...

Anyway...just letting you know he's working on it.....

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
beginner

Post by beginner »

I'll be sticking around, you guys have helped heaps in refining my BBQ by answering my own and each others questions. Off the top of my head right now the board just seems kinda fragmented given the level of activity, maybe some of those areas could be merged to pull the action together a little. Anyway if you guys need a hand with anything let us know, used to run a couple sites myself.
Tmb99

Post by Tmb99 »

I'm a very new member, I stumbled across this forum by accident as I have just purchased a hark smoker off ebay - then the next day saw Aldi had the same thing 1/3 cheaper on sale that week :x

It does seem rather quiet, however there is some great info in the pages. I can't promise I'll post much, but you may see a touch of content from me as I do some cooks.
Webber kettle and Hark gas smoker.
Currently blowing smoke signals in Brisvegas.
malceb05

Post by malceb05 »

So serious question guys, is this the best forum for a new and keen learner (just upgraded to a triple Ziggy and a trader pro 22 smoker)!!!