Aus Customs dramas?

Any general items, polls
HeatnSmoke

Aus Customs dramas?

Post by HeatnSmoke »

I'm arranging for my brother to bring back me some smoking pellets and dry rub from the USA.

Is it right to assume he'll have no dramas at customs? Or will the Border Force brigade put him on TV for bringing in 'dangerous' wood and food substances? LoL.
titch

Re: Aus Customs dramas?

Post by titch »

Commercially packaged products should not be a problem.
make sure all products have a information sheet or label on them letting Customs know what is in them.
be a bit careful with the rub, make sure nothing in them is not allowed.
most important is ,declare them.
Cheers
Titch
HeatnSmoke

Post by HeatnSmoke »

Cheers Titch 8)
Pesto3

Aus Customs dramas?

Post by Pesto3 »

Haha my brother is coming over in July with a suitcase full of sauces and rubs. I can't wait. He is a competition shooter, at the last comp he put a call out to all his mates asking local rubs. He said he ended up with loads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Burnt offerings

Post by Burnt offerings »

The wood pellets could be a problem as they are not "sealed"and I don't mean seals in a bag.
Anything with any sawdust is normally a no-no to bring into Australia.
GMG Daniel Boon WiFi, Weber OTG, ProQ Excel 20, small generic kettle, other BBQ stuff.
I like BBQ stuff!
2014 Commonwealth Games Gold medal winner!
World shooting Champion.
5 time Olympian.
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

Just make sure you declare everything you're bringing back over because if they've detected it and you haven't declared it....then you could be the next Border security TV star.
I think Pellets may be ok because no insect will survive the heat they go into as part of the binding process but that doesn't mean they might not sneak in there after they cool down before packaging. Solid wood chunks may harbour minute insects or eggs, they will probably need to be fumigated.

I reckon our people in the Customs and quarantine departments do a sterling job keeping out alien bugs into our country.

Cheers

Davo

PS> Pack your own suitcases....even family members can sneak in stuff you're not aware of....just sayin' :wink:
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
yakabot

Aus Customs dramas?

Post by yakabot »

I saw a bloke getting arrested a few days ago and that Aussie cop show, Highway Patrol, was there filming it. So if you do end up on border patrol, let us know. Would love to point at the telly and tell the family, "I knew him". (Yes, past tense)
:D
Dupain

Post by Dupain »

Davo wrote:Just make sure you declare everything you're bringing back over because if they've detected it and you haven't declared it....then you could be the next Border security TV star.
I think Pellets may be ok because no insect will survive the heat they go into as part of the binding process but that doesn't mean they might not sneak in there after they cool down before packaging. Solid wood chunks may harbour minute insects or eggs, they will probably need to be fumigated.

I reckon our people in the Customs and quarantine departments do a sterling job keeping out alien bugs into our country.

Cheers

Davo

PS> Pack your own suitcases....even family members can sneak in stuff you're not aware of....just sayin' :wink:
Thank you Mr Depp.
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

Hehe...I BBQed Pistol & Boo tonight and had hotdogs.....they won't be on the plane anymore :mrgreen:
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
Dupain

Post by Dupain »

ha ha Davo.

Hard trouble with Japan customs. Ordered a Iwatani portable gas grill. Customs sent it back thinking it had the gas butane canister in the box.