Bludso's San Antone BBQ restaraunt at Crown Melbourne

Any general items, polls
Emo

Post by Emo »

Some mates and I went to this recently opened BBQ restaurant at Crown Friday.

It's called San Antone and is owned by an American named Bludso who owns BBQ joints in the US.

We ordered some share platters which included Brisket, Pork Ribs, chicken, sausage, chilli beef, and slaw and mac n cheeze. It came served with 2 sauces, one quite spicy and one mild.
The food was great, real smoked meat from a real pit.
The brisket was the biggest winner for me, very juicy and melt in the mouth tender.

I'd definately recomend it and would be interested in others thoughts.

On another note, this Friday I'm eating at Smokeys American BBQ in Port Melbourne, been there twice before. And it's good too.
I'll give a better report on it after Friday.
Weber Kettle-BLACK
Weber 4 burner-BLACK
Weber Smokey Mountain-BLACK
Weber Go Anywhere-BLACK
Weber Q200...not BLACK
Card Shark

Re: Bludso's San Antone BBQ restaraunt at Crown Melbourne

Post by Card Shark »

Without pics it didn't happen...
Emo

Post by Emo »

Card Shark wrote:Without pics it didn't happen...
I know huh... Bloody to busy eating to take snaps. :mrgreen:
Weber Kettle-BLACK
Weber 4 burner-BLACK
Weber Smokey Mountain-BLACK
Weber Go Anywhere-BLACK
Weber Q200...not BLACK
chriso

Post by chriso »

Went to San Antone today for lunch. Sensational, I think I've found a new favorite restaurant. The chicken on the share platters was incredible, so smoky and crispy, gotta find out how to cook them like that.
Card Shark

Post by Card Shark »

Pics?
BeachedBro

Post by BeachedBro »

Was in Melbourne a couple of weeks ago at went to Bluddso's too. Let's just say I followed my nose there as I'd never heard of it.

I hope they open in Syd soon is all I can say.

The best BBQ pork ribs I've ever had in my lifetime after coming on here about a year ago to learn from you guys on how to low and slow. That's right I just declared by pork ribs best I'd had until Bluddso's!!! They are tender with a bit of bite. Best rub I've ever had. Extremely well balanced and even more so on the smoke. No shiners here. I spoke to the assistant pit master after giving him a massive hug and he said they have commissioned their own butcher to cut their ribs properly. Half a rack and I was stuffed with a side of Mac Cheese and Collard Greens.

We went twice over the weekend. The first time we got the share plate too. Brisket was up there in my top 3. Vics Syd fish markets wins number 1 for me still today after 1 year of going there. The chicken breast was tender as tassstty and the Texas Hot Link was juicy and spicy too. Over all 9/10.

I'm still on the hunt for ribs like I had at Bluddso's for home. Best I've found is Vics and Costco but but nothing compares to the amount of meat they had on their ribs. I've asked several butchers (1 is a mate) and none of them butcher their own ribs. They come pre packed! Maybe an excuse to say "no I'm not wasting good meat to leave them on your ribs mate"?
Last edited by BeachedBro on Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
BeachedBro

Post by BeachedBro »

And here's your proof Cardy! I cropped my head out as I was cross eyed from the heaven I was in! Mrs was laughing at me the entire time. She said I looked like I was making love on every bite. Hahaha
edgy

Post by edgy »

Good to hear all the positive feedback on this place, I will check it out when in Melb next.
BeachedBro wrote:Was in Melbourne a couple of weeks ago at went to Bluddso's too. Let's just say I followed my nose there as I'd never heard of it.

The best BBQ pork ribs I've ever had in my lifetime after coming on here about a year ago to learn from you guys on how to low and slow. That's right I just declared by pork ribs best I'd had until Bluddso's!!! They are tender with a bit of bite. Best rub I've ever had. Extremely well balanced and even more so on the smoke. No shiners here. I spoke to the assistant pit master after giving him a massive hug and he said they have commissioned their own butcher to cut their ribs properly. Half a rack and I was stuffed with a side of Mac Cheese and Collard Greens.

We went twice over the weekend. The first time we got the share plate too. Brisket was up there in my top 3. Vics Syd fish markets wins number 1 for me still today after 1 year of going there. The chicken breast was tender as tassstty and the Texas Hot Link was juicy and spicy too. Over all 9/10.

I'm still on the hunt for ribs like I had at Bluddso's for home. Best I've found is Vics and Costco but but nothing compares to the amount of meat they had on their ribs. I've asked several butchers (1 is a mate) and none of them butcher their own ribs. They come pre packed! Maybe an excuse to say "no I'm not wasting good meat to leave them on your ribs mate"?
Go to Bovine & Swine in Enmore, it is THE best in town now. It's as good as any of the top bbq joints in Austin.
Yoder Smokers - Competition BBQ team

Team Go To Jail - Lifetime member! "Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." Frank Sinatra
Card Shark

Post by Card Shark »

BeachedBro wrote: And here's your proof Cardy!
Good man! Glad you enjoyed.
BeachedBro

Post by BeachedBro »

edgy wrote:Good to hear all the positive feedback on this place, I will check it out when in Melb next.
BeachedBro wrote:Was in Melbourne a couple of weeks ago at went to Bluddso's too. Let's just say I followed my nose there as I'd never heard of it.

Go to Bovine & Swine in Enmore, it is THE best in town now. It's as good as any of the top bbq joints in Austin.
Went last week. Gotta say I wasn't impressed with the ribs at all. Wes and Anton ran Vics since it opened and as you know I'm a fan of their brisket.

But my visit must of been a bad day for them I'm hoping because I know what they're capable of. The brisket was same old No 1 but the ribs were actually really under done which was disappointing. I won't mark them on their Mac n Cheese as I couldn't give to sh$t about anything that's not smoked or meat, but it was actually like Mac n cheese soup. Completely watery and flavourless. I'll defo be back to give it another shot.

The line up was out the door and up the road.