Cape Grim shorties

Any general items, polls
pepe

Re: Cape Grim shorties

Post by pepe »

urbangriller wrote:3 months from packing is the theory...but I've had longer than that!....They freeze well, and are better for it when you cook them.

Should be able to get another couple interested in a share easy enough.....like him up there!

Cheers
Chris
Might be a daft question Chris,

But if you freeze the cryovac packs do they age in the freezer
urbangriller

Post by urbangriller »

No, "ageing" stops, but freezing smashes the cellular structure, and that is useful for low and slow.

Chris
Common Sense is so rare these days it should be a Super Power!
Buzabbq

Post by Buzabbq »

I keep hearing about Cape Grim meats and wondering how much better it is compared to the regular stuff ?
I will get around to buying some but in the mean time would love to get my fellow bbqer's impression , maybe a score out of 10.
robduca

Post by robduca »

pepe wrote:
robduca wrote:I have been lighting the charcoal, getting up to stable 250f and then throwing on a couple chunks of hickory wood.
They still look superb mate, the bark is spot on and the texture is to die for

Im cooking my last packet on the Booney tomorrow, will post pics if I am sober

Are you in for another order ?
Hey mate. Yea I'll be in for some more but not for a while here. Still got a brisket to cook.
Can't eat this stuff every weekend. Haha. have lost too much weight lately to stack it all on by eating too much. They are something that is very easily over eaten because they are that good. Haha
urbangriller

Post by urbangriller »

Buzabbq wrote:I keep hearing about Cape Grim meats and wondering how much better it is compared to the regular stuff ?
I will get around to buying some but in the mean time would love to get my fellow bbqer's impression , maybe a score out of 10.
Depends on the cut but the Ribs are 11 out of 10!
Common Sense is so rare these days it should be a Super Power!
pepe

Post by pepe »

robduca wrote:
pepe wrote:
robduca wrote:I have been lighting the charcoal, getting up to stable 250f and then throwing on a couple chunks of hickory wood.
They still look superb mate, the bark is spot on and the texture is to die for

Im cooking my last packet on the Booney tomorrow, will post pics if I am sober

Are you in for another order ?
Hey mate. Yea I'll be in for some more but not for a while here. Still got a brisket to cook.
Can't eat this stuff every weekend. Haha. have lost too much weight lately to stack it all on by eating too much. They are something that is very easily over eaten because they are that good. Haha
I hear you Rob, but I have 5 to feed so it is distributed evenly,

I do like to do 1 low and slow per week, preferably on a Sunday. Good luck with the brisket
Buzabbq

Post by Buzabbq »

urbangriller wrote:
Buzabbq wrote:I keep hearing about Cape Grim meats and wondering how much better it is compared to the regular stuff ?
Depends on the cut but the Ribs are 11 out of 10!
OK Thanks