Thailand visit next month

Any general items, polls
mb403

Thailand visit next month

Post by mb403 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:03 pm

Morning peoples,

Heading to Phuket, Karon beach area at the end of next month. Any bbq/rib joints worth going to? Missus goes crazy over vegetables and anything asian inspired, needless to say im not as big a fan as she is lol..

Cheers

OCAU.COM & AUSSIEPITMASTERS Forum Member

WarmBeer

Re: Thailand visit next month

Post by WarmBeer » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:20 pm

Can't help you with any BBQ suggestions, but I can suggest a one word answer: Seafood.

Beautiful, fresh fish & crustaceans, cooked in front of your eyes. All served with cheap, cold beer.

Man, I want to get back there...
Dragon Kamado | Weber OTS | Hark (Aldi) Smoker | Rusty Gasser

mb403

Post by mb403 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:21 pm

Yeah im a big fresh cooked seafood searved cold. Crack the shell open and go to town. Not a fan of seafood that been cooked and added to a dish. I guess that the problem having a next door neighbour (trawler owner) that used to catch fresh and boil it straight up can pass over the fence when it had cooled. Argg... love that salt water taste

OCAU.COM & AUSSIEPITMASTERS Forum Member

tfx

Re: Thailand visit next month

Post by tfx » Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:11 pm

There seems to be something over there for just about any taste but I agree with the seafood suggestions. Be sure to see what condition the food is stored in though. We saw a few places with the same food on dislpay a couple of days in a row as we walked past.

Loved having a whole fish each day for lunch with chilli and garlic or garlic and pepper. Two tips I was happy to recieve was watch where the fishing boats come in an eat near there and start a game at a tuk tuk stand with the bored drivers - a tip for the guy who suggests the best place for me to eat that you can then all agree on value, type etc. Every time I did this I found great food and those guys never nagged me as I passed later.

Sometimes prawns meant huge things with meat like dry chicken. We fell into a routine of a dozen fried shrimp with most shouts of cheap beer. That lemony sweet chilli sauce. Happy days.