Masterchef BBQ Challenge on Wednesday with Andy Groneman

Any general items, polls
beachbums

Post by beachbums » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:02 pm

Hi all, A heads up for any other Masterchef fans.

I know a lot of people don't get into it but Jan and I love watching Masterchef. We like to try and work out what dish we'd cook if we had to use the same stuff they have to. Although we struggled a bit last night with the sugar ants :-) Anyone else get into it?

I see in the guide this week there's a team BBQ Challenge and that Andy Gronemans going to be part of it. Should be an interesting show.

Cheers, Wayne and Jan

http://au.tv.search.yahoo.com/search?p= ... on=tvguide

MasterChef Australia - TEN
Reality/Real-Life | PG
The contestants will take part in a barbecue battle in the MasterChef Australia garden for the team challenge. Special guest, Andy Groneman, will be there to guide them.

chrisg

Re: Masterchef BBQ Challenge on Wednesday with Andy Groneman

Post by chrisg » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:16 pm

:)

I've been shanghaied into watching by my wife this season Wayne.

I'm just not normally very interested in competition television but I have to say it is quite interesting, missed the ants though, I was cooking ;)

I did wonder when they would have a bbq segment, will look forward to it.

Cheers

beachbums

Post by beachbums » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:26 pm

With you there Chris, not really interested in who wins but is interesting to watch them develop their ideas and skills as the show goes along. As above, our favourite thing is trying to work out what dish we'd try to cook given what they are working with on the day.

I fly out on the day the BBQ one is on but hopefully can catch up with it later.

Cheers, Wayne

chrisg

Post by chrisg » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:36 pm

;)

That's what PVRs are for :)

The thing I find a bit annoying about Masterchef is the pressure, last night was especially so. It's just not the way I cook, cooking to me is relaxing but I appreciate that they are wanting to imitate the environment of a commercial kitchen which can be very, very intense.

Cheers

Gumb

Post by Gumb » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:30 pm

The false drama is what annoys me and I haven't bothered to watch since season 1. I think you might be surprised when you see what BBQs they are using too. :wink:

chrisg

Post by chrisg » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:53 pm

:)

Yes, I did make a comment about the "drama" to my wife last night.

The thing I do find amusing is Matt Preston's choice of clothing, if it can be called that - someone really should tell him that cravat's went out in the 60s, it either that or he has no idea what to do with a napkin :)

Cheers

beachbums

Post by beachbums » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:59 pm

Gumb wrote:T I think you might be surprised when you see what BBQs they are using too. :wink:
Hmmm.............. have you seen it already?? Come on, spill! :D

Gumb

Post by Gumb » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:16 pm

No I haven't seen it but I knew that it was coming up some time this year, just wasn't sure when. The guy who told me made me swear on the life of my children that I'd keep it secret......now if it was the life of my first wife I could have told you. :) :wink:

Grill Pro Australia

Post by Grill Pro Australia » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:52 pm

You Guys beat me to it.

You crack me up Gumb :lol:

It will be awesome to expose so many Australians to Pellet Grills, something that took a lot of work & cost a lot to get over the line.

Getting the word out to the Australian public about alternative fueled Barbecues has always been our aim, this is by far the biggest promotion we have done so far & it will have the biggest reach, not only here in Australia, but over 30 countries in the world watch Masterchef Australia so it will be awesome exposure for Yoder Smokers & Andy Groneman also.

It would have not been possible, if not for Masterchef Judge Gary Mehigan for the introduction, the great folks at Shine Australia who are so professional to work with, Tony from BBQs Plus for assisting me in setting up all 9 Yoders, seasoning them, helping to get them all on set & at midnight the night of the filming getting them all back to his warehouse and last but not least to US Pitmaster Andy Groneman for spending a whole day filming instead of relaxing down at a holiday house on the coast ( which was what he was meant to be doing )

Cheers, Dave
Grill Pro Australia
Importing Yoder Smokers, Louisiana, La Caja China, Hammer Stahl,Pellets & BBQ Accessories into Australia
http://www.grillpro.com.au
http://www.louisiana-grills-australia.com.au/
Instagram: @GRILL_PRO

Gumb

Post by Gumb » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:31 pm

Well done Dave, it's a massive achievement and I hope it pays off big time for you and all in BBQ world.

urbangriller

Post by urbangriller » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:37 pm

Yes, good work Dave.

I spent over 15 years of a previous life working in live TV production in Perth, Sydney and Melbourne, I know how much effort goes into 5 minutes of TV. One of the most demanding jobs I've ever done!

It's a massive effort to get this kind of thing together.

Chris
Common Sense is so rare these days it should be a Super Power!

Percel

Post by Percel » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:42 pm

:shock:

Gatsby

Post by Gatsby » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:06 am

Good work Dave,
Hope you get good coverage for the Yoder's. You deserve it with the effort involved.

Always good to get the other BBQ styles promoted. Too much gas flat top BBQ out there!

fleetz

Post by fleetz » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:05 am

Well done Dave for the way you have helped the BBQ community and made so many product a lot of us have been craving for available. Also helping with the education of low and slow. Getting people like Andy Groneman out here was amazing.....his class was fantastic.

Fleetz

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Yoder YS640 on comp cart, Grill Grates for the YS640, Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5, CyberQ WiFi Controller, Maverick ET-732, Maverick ET-733, Thermapen, Weber Q 320, A-MAZ-N 6" and 12" tubes

Commander Cody

Post by Commander Cody » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:27 am

i hope the show does get people interested in pellet grills

and all the brands share the ride.

kevin
....up in smoke.....that's where my money goes.....