Fail

Any general items, polls
Narmnaleg

Re: Fail

Post by Narmnaleg » Mon May 11, 2015 11:32 am

+1 to Chris and Gumb.
A reverse sear on my BSK is my all time best grilled steak. Start it real slow with some smoke, when steak is at the right temp take it out and open all vents. Wait for inferno to be ready while resting steak. Then grill away and get a fantastic Maillard reaction.

aussieant32

Post by aussieant32 » Mon May 11, 2015 12:29 pm

might try it, must admit I am kind of in love with using my sous vide for my steaks then searing but will give this one a go
Coolabah Gas Smoker, Weber One Touch, Dragon Kamado

aussieant32

Post by aussieant32 » Sat May 16, 2015 8:04 pm

To all those playing at home..

Beef ribs tonight, best ribs result I have had thus far. I have pictures but can't move at this present moment....

alimac23

Fail

Post by alimac23 » Sat May 16, 2015 10:37 pm

Snap aussieant, I done beef ribs today too, they turned out really well

Hard to see the final result in the last pic as the meat was facing down into the foil but they were fall off the bone tender

Gumb

Post by Gumb » Sat May 16, 2015 11:27 pm

I did some tonight too....which were a big fail! I had the kamado set at 110c and all was on track for the first hour or so but when I opened the lid to give them a baste and wrap them in foil, I also opened the bottom air vent and turned off the QMaster controller. The intention was to let the pit come back up to temp before turning the controller back on. I did that part OK but forgot the close the bottom vent back over the opening :shock: :roll: so when I came back an hour later, instead of it sitting at 110c, the pit was 180c :!: And the ribs which were in the foil were showing as 100c :shock: I thought that is way too fast and they won't have had time to break down and that's how they turned out,

It wasn't a complete waste however, the top section of the meat was tough and dry but around the bone it was still tender and juicy so at least I still got a feed. Funny game this BBQ stuff, just when you think you have it nailed it bites you on the bum.

aussieant32

Post by aussieant32 » Sun May 17, 2015 9:34 am

Yep, an imperfect way to cook. Just how I like it, always has you thinking :)

Only 'problem' with mine was the end bone at each end was only just in the meat to start with, so by the end they had both fallen out. I had to subject myself to a double rib. Tough life..