Rib Eye Roast - $13.99 in Malaga Perth

Any general items, polls
ozwaz

Post by ozwaz »

Hi Everyone,

FYI for those in Perth, I just got home from 'The Beef Shed' in Malaga. Rib Eye roast going for $13.99, and rib eye steaks $14.99.

Happy Australia day.

Wazza
Traeger Pellet Grill - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner
Nath

Post by Nath »

Nice one, might have to drop in and have a look. Never been there, what kind of cuts do they have there? I assume it's more of a "bulk" style butcher

Nath
Nath
ozwaz

Re: Rib Eye Roast - $13.99 in Malaga Perth

Post by ozwaz »

Hi Nath,

All sorts of cuts. Everything from packs of say 4 chops through too the whole muscles. It's in a big cool room so I had to step out a couple of times to defrost.

They have all the bulk cuts but will also slice it up for you for no charge. These are from memory so don't quote if I'm a little off.

2kg bags of chicken wings $4
Whole porterhouse $13kg
Whole marinated split chickens $7
Marinated lamb fore quarter chops $8.99kg
Pork Belly was around $11-$12kg

Some stuff looked quite cheap, other stuff average price.
gussigan

Post by gussigan »

good to know, i'll have to check it out
ozwaz

Post by ozwaz »

So went to a friends place in a town east of Perth tonight for a BBQ, so can report on the quality of the $14 rib eye.

It's ok, not great, but definitely not bad either. Flavour was very good but for my steak cooked to rare there was a lot of connective tissue which had not fully broken down. The $28kg rib eyes from my local butcher definitely do not have this problem, but hey, for $14 was still a nice tasting steak and bbq'd on the gas, still very enjoyable.

As a rib roast though with the longer cooking time this would not be a problem, am going back to get myself one of those roasts as I figure they will be very nice. Best part of the night would have to be the thunder storm. After the long hot dry spell we have had this summer, it was so refreshing actually having to find shelter as it was getting cold with the rain on you. Made the steak all the better perhaps.

Cheers
Wazza