Bbq cabinet

Any general items, polls
Gumb

Bbq cabinet

Post by Gumb »

I'm looking at getting a cabinet for my weber q and to store all the other crap in....like grill grates, bbq tools, gloves etc etc. I've been around a few stores today and ended up looking at this one in Bunnings but it's tish quality and I think expensive for what it is. Almost $700 not inc the bbq of course. The weber would sit nicely in the gap so that's no problem. Apart from another buffet type unit, I haven't seen much around. Any ideas ? And no, I don't want to make one.Image

It's going outside on a covered timber deck.
Nath

Bbq cabinet

Post by Nath »

You could probably commission a cabinet maker to knock you up something for that price!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Nath
aussie

Re: Bbq cabinet

Post by aussie »

http://www.harveynorman.com.au/outdoor- ... e-top.html

I think from memory the double cupboard was $260 in a recent sale.

I went with a gasmate pizza cabinet for my double wok burner.
I eat vegetarians.

Post by I eat vegetarians. »

I like it.
It looks nice IMO & if it's reasonably well built & u like the style I'd say buy it. You're gonna have to pay those dollars for anything of that size off the shelf. (Yes u could build it yourself for half the price, but NOT for someone to build it for u) timber ain't cheap anymore! The 4 modules in the Harvey post/link above loox even better IMO, but it'd prob run to $800 or more for all 4.
If you're looking for something cheaper, you'll pay for it, either in longevity, size or crappy cookie cutter styling.
As u well know Gumb, you're gonna spend a LOT of time standing in front of it, so treat yourself & stump up a few xtra pineapples than u probably thought u would. You'll be glad you did. $700 won't even cover a bloody power bill these days!
If th missus objects, just quietly walk her to her wardrobe, pull out a calculator & start adding it up hanger by hanger!
Yes, she will get the shits.
No, you won't get sex ever again.
Not from her anyway.. ;)

Get a cover tho.

And one for the BBQ too...
Green Nigel

Post by Green Nigel »

Another poor mans option is to get a credenza or two from a 2nd hand office furniture store, these are usually quite sturdy, reasonably priced & well made, some even look quite specy.

When I got mine I went for the cheapest option possible, a daggy old white one but solid as & heavy as hell, a quick rub down with sandpaper & a coat of gloss paint soon had it looking like new, the addition of some swivel wheels to the base making it easier to move around finished off the job.

Considering that it only cost me about $100 all up I was more than pleased with the final result, it even looked like it was designed to match & complement my BGE, that's the advantage of repainting because you can colour match it to suit your BBQ, in my case I painted mine in BGE green.

Downside, it does require a little bit of time & effort but probably no more than a few hours at the most.
Regards
Green Nigel
"I do so like Big Green Eggs & Ham!" - Dr Seuss

ImageImage
Gumb

Bbq cabinet

Post by Gumb »

Thanks guys, it's not a money issue at all, but finding something suitable is. The Bunnings cabinet is OK in design but really poorly built, which is why I think it's over the top price wise. I feel I'm being ripped off. I like the look of that other cabinet, except like a couple of those I've seen, the bbq sits on top of it and is higher than it ideally should be. I might have to bight the bullet and just go back to Bunnings.
Gumb

Bbq cabinet

Post by Gumb »

After all the searching, I found this one at Bunnings.....not on the floor of course, just stashed away but it was on their website so I made an enquiry and got it.
$599 ....granite tops, much better quailty than the other one was looking at.....with a Allen key of course !
Nikos

Post by Nikos »

That looks nice. I like it. I'd be looking at adding a couple extra coats of stain on the timber for added protection though. Even if undercover, the humidity could affect it eventually. I really like the durability of the stone tops and makes easy to wipe clean too. Not a bad price for what it is too.

Nikos
aussie

Post by aussie »

Gumb wrote:After all the searching, I found this one at Bunnings.....not on the floor of course, just stashed away but it was on their website so I made an enquiry and got it.
$599 ....granite tops, much better quailty than the other one was looking at.....with a Allen key of course !
Is it made by Bedford Industries?

I think localy we also have one with the galv inserts and the granite top.
Gumb

Bbq cabinet

Post by Gumb »

It's branded Mimosa, made in Vietnam of course.
aussie

Post by aussie »

Gumb wrote:It's branded Mimosa, made in Vietnam of course.
Ah ok

Local around my way that I have seen are Bedford Ind which is a sheltered workshop in Adelaide, also do a lot of flat pack interior stuff here too.