Its Quiet on this Board

Any general items, polls
titch

Re: Its Quiet on this Board

Post by titch »

Tinned spam would come in handy right now for those isolated by water.

Hope your all dry and well
Cheers
Titch
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

Yeah Titch, it's a bit damp up here mate although we haven't had too many issues in the South East Sydney (St George area) but out in Penrith, Windsor and Richmond, they have serious issues out there with bigger than record 60 yr flooding caused by the huge amount of water coming out of Warragamba dam. That is our main water source for Sydney. It's 8 times Sydney Harbour in Capacity, already 2 Sydney harbours worth has escaped.
Last year they opened the floodproof bridge in Windsor, it's completely submerged :lol: so much for flood proof.

Hard to do any BBQ of any kind this year so far.....I watch my Webers in despair coz they are under covers out in this shitty weather :(

Hope all is well down you way mate

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
titch

Post by titch »

My brother lives North shore area, ? Thornleigh ,he has had over 240mm the last two days.
Cheers
Titch
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

Yeah they seem to get a lot more rain than we do on the southside.

Storms are huge on the Northern beaches side, they seem to follow a path from Wollongong, through to Campbelltown, then out the back of Liverpool, up through Penrith then head straight towards the Northern beaches out to see. This seems to be a common path for storms that come from the South Coast.

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
Cobblerdave

Post by Cobblerdave »

G’day
energency supplies ..... spam and veg fritters cooked inside. verhandah and gasser is soaked.
Attachments
A3CE293D-8472-4A7A-A833-C367D01C096A.jpeg
A3CE293D-8472-4A7A-A833-C367D01C096A.jpeg (44.59 KiB) Viewed 5991 times
12x7

Post by 12x7 »

Spam Lite? How’s that different to original Spam? Vegetarian Spam?
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

12x7 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:06 am Spam Lite? How’s that different to original Spam? Vegetarian Spam?
Lower sodium I think
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
Cobblerdave

Post by Cobblerdave »

G’day
It’s “45 per cent” lower in fat. Still taste the same as I remember. Haven’t had a bit of grilled spam in years but it’s a flavour you don’t forget. No... not in a bad way. I like it and I’ll continue the the experiment and buy a full fat can .... that’s what happens when you send the wife out to buy something. You’ll get the “low” everything but in this case I recon it’s the same
Regards Dave
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

Cobblerdave wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:45 pm G’day
It’s “45 per cent” lower in fat. Still taste the same as I remember. Haven’t had a bit of grilled spam in years but it’s a flavour you don’t forget. No... not in a bad way. I like it and I’ll continue the the experiment and buy a full fat can .... that’s what happens when you send the wife out to buy something. You’ll get the “low” everything but in this case I recon it’s the same
Regards Dave
Dave you can also get a spicy Spam and a Bacon Spam which isn't too bad either......just makes for a tasty treat on the grill to nibble on when you're waiting for something more significant to be finished. I love nibbling little morsels of grilled somethings whilst waiting like Haloumi cheese slices with a dash of olive oil, little chorizo sausages from Costco that look like those mini frankfurters but spicier....just makes the beer go down better :lol:

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
12x7

Post by 12x7 »

With the general move away from forums to other things it’s probably a bit ironic that this post is as a guess one of the most popular topic on this forum nowadays.
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

Yeah I know 12 x 7, I haven't been able to give this forum much love either as I had to take care of many family issues after losing my Mum.
i haven't been posting much on any forum lately, in fact I'm getting a bit tired of BBQ, I'm only using my BBQs every now n then.

I'm looking at semi-retiring soon and moving away from Sydney, not sure where, somewhere reasonably priced and near amentities.

But yeah even Facebook isn't getting the traffic it used to.....many have moved on.....I just cook for my own enjoyment now, don't need to share everything cook up. I'm just tired.

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
12x7

Post by 12x7 »

It’s an interesting time. With COVID there’s supposed to be a spurt of BBQ sales with people forced to eat at home.

BBQing for enjoyment is the right idea. No need to force yourself to BBQ, it’s there to enjoy.

Looking on the bright side and the price of meat, you’re less likely to screw up your cook up.

I hate to be a newbie experimenting with beef. Ouch the price seems to keep going up. Even the humble rump steak at the supermarket is nearly $30 a kilo.
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

Yeah 12 x 7, isn't it expensive, I was at Costco at Casula last week and was looking in the meat section, it's rediculous....I don't mind exporting our meat overseas but not at our expense.

But you know what hurts even more 12 x 7, when I see a poor old pensioner gaze at even the simplest of meat only to walk on.....that is bloody sad. Gone are the days when Lamb was a staple but now it's priced out of range, even the bloody lamb shanks are so damned expensive, bloody hell my wife used to buy them for a couple of dollars and give them to the dogs. Is it any wonder that you hear of the elderly buying dog food....when they don't have a dog.

I love grilling veggies on the Weber....just as well. :shock: Even a kilo of Mince is $11-12 per kilo.

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
paulr
Forum Administrator

Post by paulr »

I had to buy more covers for my BBQ's...
But it has been dry for the last few days! Sunshine Coast (sometimes).

Happy BBQ-ing, Paul
http://aussiebbq.info/wp - my blog
https://lifesafeast.com.au/cookingclass ... criptions/ - great cooking classes
See Me, Feel Me, Touch Me, Beer Me.
12x7

Post by 12x7 »

Last post two months ago. This topic is the most active post on the forum.