Pickeled Jalapenio & Caynene Peppers (chilies) or Pickeled C

SAUCES, RUBS, MARINADES, BRINES ETC
Mountain Mick

Pickeled Jalapenio & Caynene Peppers (chilies) or Pickeled C

Post by Mountain Mick »

Hi Guys I know they not a sauce but they go down well with all BBQ meats. MM :P :lol: :wink:

Mountain Mick's Pickeled Jalapenio & Caynene Peppers (chilies) or Pickeled Carrot battons
© 1990 Mountain Mick Blake Baree

2 lts of white vinegar
250ml Malt
3 cups sugar
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp black mustard seeds
1 tbsp yellow mustard seeds
60g pickleling spices (yellow & black Mustard seeds, black peppercorns, Dill seeds, bay leaves,Whole Jamaica peppercorns(Allspice Whole)

Peppers of choice or carrots , sliced (cut off the ends and remove the seeds and membranes)

In medium stockpot, combine the all ingredients and bring to a boil.
Pack hot, sterilized quart jars with the sliced Pickeled Jalapenio & Caynene Peppers (chilies) or Carrot battons

Pour the boiling brine over the peppers.
Do NOT cold pack this.
Process in a boiling water bath canner for 15 minutes.

These are delicious on BBQ Meats pizzas, burgers and sandwiches.

A batch today of Pickeled Jalapenio & Caynene Peppers (chilies) in a month or two these will be very nice indeed. Pickleing juice is about 1:3 sugar to vinegar with yellow & black Mustard seeds, black peppercorns, Dill seeds, bay leaves,Whole Jamaica peppercorns(Allspice Whole)

A batch today of Pickeled Jalapenio & Caynene Peppers (chilies) or Pickeled Carrot battons I make these to use in my Sushi and these in a month or two these will be very nice indeed.

Last edited by Mountain Mick on Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
21st century caveman Mountain Mick www.mountaingriller.com
Card Shark

Re: Pickeled Jalapenio & Caynene Peppers (chilies) or Pickel

Post by Card Shark »

Thanks Mick, looks great! Keen to give this a go. What's the deal, do you make up a large batch of the pickle and boil / cool before addidng to the jars? Roughly how much was used for those dozen or so jars? CS
Mountain Mick

Post by Mountain Mick »

Hi CardShark

I Pack hot, sterilized jars with the sliced Pickeled Jalapenio & Caynene Peppers (chilies) or Carrot battons and then pour boiling vinegar/spice mix over I use a a jar funnel and cover the chiilies completely and seal the lids on the hot jars. I store for at least 1 month but 3 to 6 months is better. MM :wink: :wink:

Card Shark wrote:Thanks Mick, looks great! Keen to give this a go. What's the deal, do you make up a large batch of the pickle and boil / cool before addidng to the jars? Roughly how much was used for those dozen or so jars? CS
Image Image
21st century caveman Mountain Mick www.mountaingriller.com
sosman

Post by sosman »

Hmmm - looks like I know what do with my excess chillis this year (if there are any left over).
Card Shark

Post by Card Shark »

Cheers MM