Shrimp Enchiladas with Jalapeño Cream Sauce

FISH, OCTOPUS, PRAWNS, SCOLLOPS, CRAB, LOBSTER & CRAYFISH
MossyMO

Shrimp Enchiladas with Jalapeño Cream Sauce

Post by MossyMO »

My wife cooked this meal, but it was so delicious I felt I would share it.

Started with 1 1/2 lbs of shrimp, cleaned and the tails removed. Tossed in Roasted Garlic Olive Oil and seasoned with BPS Money rub.

-----

Shrimp on Frogmats on the grill smoking with Pecan pellets

-----

While the shrimp was cooking my wife started the jalapeño cream sauce - melt some butter, stir in the flour and cooked for a few minutes; whisk in chicken stock and sour cream. Added some minced up jalapenos and garlic powder and simmer until thickened. Added fresh chopped cilantro right at the end.

-----

Removed the shrimp and let cool enough to handle - gave them a rough chop and set aside to be added to the enchilada stuffing.

-----

Next work on the main part - saute minced garlic and onion for about 5 minutes. Add shredded cabbage, shredded carrot, baby spinach, chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, oregano and cayenne pepper.

-----

Cook until the spinach starts to wilt and then mix in the chopped up shrimp. Also added about 1/3 cup of the cream sauce to the stuffing mix.

-----

Assemble the enchiladas by placing 1/3 cup of the shrimp mixture in the center of a flour tortilla and sprinkle with shredded smoked monterey jack cheese. Roll the tortilla and place seam side down. Once the dish was full, 1/2 of the jalapeño cream sauce was poured evenly over the top and added a little more of the shredded smoked monterey jack cheese; then onto the grill to finish cooking.

Ready to come off the grill.

Ready to eat! Shrimp Enchiladas with extra jalapeño cream sauce poured over the top and a side of spanish rice all garnished with fresh HOT pico de Gallo.

Thanks for looking!