Cold smoked Oysters

FISH, OCTOPUS, PRAWNS, SCOLLOPS, CRAB, LOBSTER & CRAYFISH
Angryman65

Cold smoked Oysters

Post by Angryman65 »

Needed to restore Karma to my house after the eldest son ended up in hospital getting stitches to the heel of his right foot over Easter weekend. Oyster shells on submerged rocks will get you every time.

So we got a couple of bags of arguably the best Sydney Rock Oysters in Australia (Clyde River) and proceeded to get stuck in.
Then I had a thought, I'd just done 5 kilos of cheese in the Cold Smoker and had a heap of dust left over so why not try cold smoking an oyster.

Selected a dozen and give them a gentle squeeze of lime juice, a bit of cracked black pepper and fired up the Pro Q Cold Smoke generator with Apple wood dust.

15 - 20 minutes later out they came and they were great.

Photo doesn't do them justice as the smoke effect is hard to see but was definitely there.

Next time, hot smoking kilpatrick even though I much prefer a natural oyster. Tribe has voted
Vegetarian is an old Indian word for bad hunter.
Idofish

Re: Cold smoked Oysters

Post by Idofish »

Mate they look awesome, we certainly do have the best oysters in oz. I have been thinking about doing this for a while but couldn't find much info, well done, I'm going to give it a crack now.