MH Cajun Jumbo Shrimp, Shrooms and slow cooked Ground Beef

FISH, OCTOPUS, PRAWNS, SCOLLOPS, CRAB, LOBSTER & CRAYFISH
Wingman

MH Cajun Jumbo Shrimp, Shrooms and slow cooked Ground Beef

Post by Wingman »

This cook is from this weekend. It was one of those cold but beautiful days. I walked out on my deck and thought to myself "Rob you ought to be cooking out here".

So I mixed 6 lbs. 80/20 ground beef with 4 eggs, 1/3 cup Worcestershire, 2 tbsp. liquid smoke, 1 tbsp. chili powder, 2 tsp. coarse ground black pepper and 1/2 diced red onion. Made some patties topped with Tatoka Dust and onto the YS640 @ 230 degrees for a slow roll in the smoke.

I was starring at the burger buns and though NO WAY! A man's got to go full tilt boogie sometimes! :D
It was then I shot to the store and came home with the goods.

That's one pound of 21/25 ct. jumbo shrimp, 1/2 stick of butter, Mushrooms, red onion, 1 tbsp. minced garlic, coarse ground black pepper, pepper flakes and Mad Hunky Hot Ass Whang rub. The shrimp rolled around in the EVOO then were coated with the Hot Ass Whang rub.

The butter, shrooms and onion had a party in the pan for a bit then the garlic and Shrimp jumped in. Can't over cook shrimp so I was careful to pull them once they firmed up and got a nice color.

There is a burger patty under that pile of shrimp and shrooms!

Later this very day My son wants me to build him a colossal burger with the leftover burgers. Hell yeah! Two parties from the recipe I posted earlier today. Special sauce made of mayo, ketchup, minced garlic and Wickets spicy relish. Melted smoked mild cheddar and Colby Jack cheese. Heated Longhorn BBQ sauce, Wickets Relish, mayo, ketchup and some dill pickle slices. Oh and a center bun. We call it the Big Daddy Mac! He ate the whole thing! Yes.. Missing was lettuce and a view other things but this is how he likes them. :shock: Of coarse I added a few things like an extra patty and bun.

Rob
Owner
SmokingPit.com
"Smoke it... and they will come!"
Bear

Re: MH Cajun Jumbo Shrimp, Shrooms and slow cooked Ground Be

Post by Bear »

Nice work Wingman.

Really like the look of those burgers
Charcoal: 22.5" Weber OTP 2000 | Wood Oven: Al Forno Piemonte R8 | Portable: Weber GA 2006
Gasser: NG WeberQ 320 | Rotisserie: Gaganis custom dual spit | Smoker: 18.5" WSM 2004
Tasmaniac65

Re: MH Cajun Jumbo Shrimp, Shrooms and slow cooked Ground Be

Post by Tasmaniac65 »

mate, great way to spend a day, looks yummy :D