Mountain Mick's Coconut Curried Fish Cakes

FISH, OCTOPUS, PRAWNS, SCOLLOPS, CRAB, LOBSTER & CRAYFISH
Mountain Mick

Mountain Mick's Coconut Curried Fish Cakes

Post by Mountain Mick »

Mi~Goreng Noodles with Coconut Curried Fish Cakes served with fresh Lime wedges., one of My take on Thai Fish Cakes. Enjoy MM :P :wink:

Coconut Curried Fish Cakes
© 2013 by Mountain Mick Blake the Mountain Griller. Baree QLD Australia
1kg firm white flesh Fish such as ...Ling,Snapper,Catfish,Cod or Flake, coarsely chopped NO BONES
2 large Onions
1 garlic clove, quartered
1 ½ tbs lime zest finely shredded /grated
1 cup Coconut Dessicated
1 tblsp pasrley (you can use fresh corandier Karin doesn't like it)
1 tbs fish sauce
3 tbs Mild Curry powder or 3 tbs of Red curry paste
3 tbs sweet paprika
2 teasp Corandier powder
1 teasp Cummin powder
¼ teasp pepper
½ teasp Chilli powder
1 ½ cups of bread crumbs
2 large eggs
Pinch of salt

Peanut oil, or Sunflower oil to shallow-fry (not olive oil to much flavor in it)

Now add fish, Onions Mild Curry powder or Red curry paste, eggs, , lime zest, garlic, salt & pepper, all in the food processor and blitz until the fish mix is a fined paste and all green & red bits a are fine now add the bread crumbs until the paste balls (that is as the blades in the food processor spin the mixture starts to ball up and spin with the blades) now roll into balls and I flatten them to about ½ inch thick (12mm) and roll then in bread crumbs (cover with the plain bread crumbs) now shallow fry in hot oil. Drain on paper towel and serve as I do homemade Thai fishcakes (curried but not hot)
Mi~Goreng Noodles are the 3 mintue type cook in chicken stock and quickly fried with Asian Veggies

Image Image
21st century caveman Mountain Mick www.mountaingriller.com