Metric Feldon's Pit Calculator

All about smokers hot and cold
cqsmokedpig

Metric Feldon's Pit Calculator

Post by cqsmokedpig »

Hi Everyone

So fed up as a smoker bulding in Australia with converting units to use Feldon's Pit Calculator, I converted it to Metric. Me being me I could not just stop at the standard calculator that Morgan had. I reveal to you the new and improved Feldon's BBQ Pit Calculator - Metric edition 3.0. No more converting to US Imperial and back again.

http://cqsmokers.com/pitcalc.html

The page now allow for building an oversized firebox by percentage. And also gives you starting dimension for square, rectangular and round fireboxes. Also it has a printable summary page.

I have been in contact with Morgan Feldon and have full permission from him. He is in the process of setting up me access to publish it to feldoncentral.com

If anyone has any suggestions or problems, let me know.
Brent Wesley
brent@cqsmokers.com
titch

Re: Metric Feldon's Pit Calculator

Post by titch »

Great Calculater
Cheers
Titch
Davo
Forum Administrator

Re: Metric Feldon's Pit Calculator

Post by Davo »

Really interesting concept, thanks cq for posting this, might send this to my Cousin over in WA and see if he's interested, he's a fabricator/Boiler maker over there but hangin' to get back to Sydney to start a business.

I'm not a Fabricator kinda bloke but what i see fascinating with this calculator is how each segment compliments each other and having to be within certain design and size/ length boundaries for example, I was interested in the concept of how the exhaust stack must be a certain length by comparison to cooking chamber and has a reason for it, too short and it won't draft enough smoke and too long and it'll get too cool and start dripping gunk back into the chamber and over food....as I said, i'm not a fabricator but it does make sense to me.

Good work.

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5