Fornetto Razzo 22" or 18"?

All about smokers hot and cold
Chunkylad

Fornetto Razzo 22" or 18"?

Post by Chunkylad »

Hi all

I'm new to the forum, and very new to smoking.

I'm pretty set on buying a charcoal bullet smoker for my first one, and the Fornetto Razzo in particular. I love those two basket inserts and the quality of its finish. The only detail I need to nail down is the size. Will it be an 18 incher, or the beastie 22"?

Do any of you perceive any cons in getting the larger unit? I know it may not be as portable, but the Razzo breaks down into three parts and has cool grip handles to help out in this regard.

Anyway, over to the boards for your ideas.

Dave
Davo
Forum Administrator

Re: Fornetto Razzo 22" or 18"?

Post by Davo »

If you can afford the larger unit, you'll have more scope but i guess it'd depend on how many you're likely to cook for.
I had a Weber WSM 18.5 inch till recently and it was more than enough for myself and the Mrs without ever using bottom grill grate.

You'll definately love the food that'll come from a water smoker.

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
Chunkylad

Post by Chunkylad »

Thanks for your input Davo.

Thinking about it long and hard: I cook six racks of baby back ribs on the gas grill, so the smoker needed to handle all those at once. So My Son and I went to Bunnings this afternoon and picked up the 22" model, plus a thermometer and charcoal chimney.

Can't wait to assemble it. We plan on having our first smoke on Sunday next week.

Dave
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

Awesome Dave....can't wait to see pics of your first session.
Be sure to burn it in for at least 30 minutes at high temp to get any residue off...then go for it.

Oh and we wanna see pics of your maiden cook up.

You can upload pics directly on the forum by using the attachments utility, but they must be a downloadable size..if they get rejected you might need to resize your pics.

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5