water smoker from alibaba

All about smokers hot and cold
Commander Cody

water smoker from alibaba

Post by Commander Cody »

hey there,

i have a chance of scoring one of these, brand spankers, what would be the top dollar you would pay for this?https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ ... b0956GqjIV

almost forgot the picture link

supposed to be porcelain enamel coating like the wsm.

thanks blokes

kevin
....up in smoke.....that's where my money goes.....
Lovey
Forum Moderator

Re: water smoker from alibaba

Post by Lovey »

G'day Kev,
a bit hard to completely make it out from the photo, but it looks like the body isn't coated, just the top and bottom. Again, it can be hard to tell from a photo.
It would want to be a fair bit cheaper than $200, you can get one from Bunnies for about $270 and it comes with a few accessories. As a bonus, you can always take it back there if you don't like it.
Good luck with your decision,
Steve
Commander Cody

Post by Commander Cody »

getting it for $100.

my old bullet, needs a friend.

thank-you for your response

kevin
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

Kev,

Just be aware mate, in it's description it says High Temperature Paint, not enamel.....these are made in China and they've been known to use paint with lead....so if it was me, I wouldn't touch it...even at $100.
I guess you'll soon see how good the paint is after 5 cook-ups lol

Good to see you here Kev...hope you are well mate.

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
Commander Cody

Post by Commander Cody »

Hmmmmmm.K

thanks Davo

as they sat...............too good to be true 'ey

kevin
Angryman65

Post by Angryman65 »

I agree Kev,

Been caught myself with Chinese goods online. My planned solar pool heater pump looked great in the photo but was 1/10 the scale when it got here.

Go for the Bunnings one. I've got there three in one kettle, pizza oven, roti and can't kill it
Vegetarian is an old Indian word for bad hunter.
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

Angryman65 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:47 am I agree Kev,

Been caught myself with Chinese goods online. My planned solar pool heater pump looked great in the photo but was 1/10 the scale when it got here.

Go for the Bunnings one. I've got there three in one kettle, pizza oven, roti and can't kill it
Even though 95% of Bunnings stuff also comes from China, theres more chance of it being product passed if Bunnings import it plus you have the added comfort if it fails, then you don't have to go far to take it back...they are pretty good like that.
Buying online does seem to have improved over the years and with the future of Amazon and Costco fighting for the Aussie Market soon will make the Market here pretty good for buyers possibly at the expense of some smaller operators.
I'm pretty confident on the protection for Consumer in the Australian market as everyone must comply irrespective of their origins.

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
Commander Cody

Post by Commander Cody »

hey ,

i bought it.

it was not that thing i showed you, it is quite a good unit, i would almost go as far to say.......better than the wsm.

the reason i put the alibaba thing up was because it came the closest to the description in the gum tree post.

it is a beautiful unit, porcelain enamel all over like the bullet, has hanging bar, clamps and the door opens on hinges.

bought it for my son-in-law,

i really wish i kept it for myself.

paid $50.00 dollars for it in the end, the bloke did not know what it was or even care to try it out. he won it in a raffle. his idea of a bbq was a flat plate gasser.

any-how.....i would have paid more for it, but i am happy that my son-in-law has a bullet type of smoker to play with.

i might get my traeger back orf him.

will get photos of it next week when he fires it up.

kevin