Camp Chef-Smoke Vault-Import

All about smokers hot and cold
C.B & S.

Camp Chef-Smoke Vault-Import

Post by C.B & S. »

One noticeable thing about this import is it has a wider smoking area than most standard regular box smokers on offer in Australia.
It is also convertible to natural gas ( I presume it should be no issue here if you want to take the chance) and contains a jerky rack as standard feature. (Nice addition)
One of the first things that stood out was the superior workmanship to most box smokers I have used. The build of this smoker was simple with reasonably easy directions to follow.
It can pump out a good temperature range from 60c-200c+ no worries. ( I did add some gasket tape to door but not all round)
It has a strong enamelled chip tray and features 3 dampers for temperature control.
Over all this is an excellent box smoker and it is easy to see why it is one of the best rated gas smokers in the USA.
Cheers,
Russell.
"Keeping Smoking Simple" (c)
Aldi Smoker. Camp Chef 18" Smoke Vault/ Masterbuilt Thermo-Temp XL--( All Gas )
Z & B 4 burner Turbo Classic
Maverick ET-7/72.Thermoworx Smoke
Yoder Kingsman & Other BBQ gear for HIRE.

lockyer

Re: Camp Chef-Smoke Vault-Import

Post by lockyer »

Hey Russell,
That thing could turn out black and burnt offering and leak like a seeve but in my eyes the fact amazon got it here in under a week and gave you a 100 back for a dent in the cardboard box, that is the greatest smoker yet :D :D
Cheers L
C.B & S.

Re: Camp Chef-Smoke Vault-Import

Post by C.B & S. »

Hey Lawrence,
As far as box smokers go the leakage is minimal, especially since the addition of some gasket tape. The Aldi/Hark leaks more than this one.
Have smoked 2 leg hams/and chicken d/sticks and also done a pulled pork in it to date with no issues. Never a black or burnt offering!
This smoker is a winner for me and delivers on what it promises. The only downside thus far is maybe the chip bowl could be a little different ( have used the aldi chip bowl in it for my cooks thus far) and the dampers need a cover on the handles as they get HOT! :P
"Keeping Smoking Simple" (c)
Aldi Smoker. Camp Chef 18" Smoke Vault/ Masterbuilt Thermo-Temp XL--( All Gas )
Z & B 4 burner Turbo Classic
Maverick ET-7/72.Thermoworx Smoke
Yoder Kingsman & Other BBQ gear for HIRE.