Help needed - can't decide what to cook

All about smokers hot and cold
beginner

Help needed - can't decide what to cook

Post by beginner »

Getting out of town in a couple days and will be feeding troops Friday night then Sat lunch and dinner, I'll have time for an 8 - 12 hour cook on both fri and sat so really looking to get the WSM fired up for this. I've just been smoking ribs on the mini over this years miserable winter and have forgotten all the other great choices, all I really have in mind was a maybe brisket for sat night. Will need 8 - 10kg in total and trying to keep everything fairly simple, paper plates and easy sides.
titch

Re: Help needed - can't decide what to cook

Post by titch »

Pulled pork is always a crowd favourite
Cheers
Titch
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

Yeah i'm with Titch on this one....place the pork on the lower rack with waterpan....you may need 2 rolls of scoth fillet roasts...keep the top rack free for smoking chicken wings, snags or maybe a couple of meatloafs....aim for a 275F temp to speed it up a bit.

Use the top rack for the entrees so then you can buy a bit more time for the pulled pork as they alone can take up to 12 hours.

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
beginner

Post by beginner »

Ah well some good news and some bad news. Picked up some pork shoulder direct from the local abbatoir but ended up so busy that I wasn't able to get the smoker fired up in time, I've brought it back home so theres still hope, won't fit in the freezer though so need to work something out for it, possibly smoke it in the mini. Good news is scored an awesome beef scotch while I was there and split it with a mate, got a 4kg chunk to do with as I please, I'm thinking steaks but who knows