Fornetto smoker at bunnings?

All about smokers hot and cold
alex_m_84

Post by alex_m_84 »

Has anyone got one of these? They look alright and price is good.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/fornetto-18 ... r_p3180796

Or better off with a Weber / Pro Q?
Pesto3

Post by Pesto3 »

I haven't got one but I can't see why it wouldn't be a good little smoker!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Angryman65

Re: Fornetto smoker at bunnings?

Post by Angryman65 »

Haven't seen one at our local yet. Look OK but if there's no water bowl you'll lose a rack when doing a long low and slow. Need it.

Go for the ProQ
Vegetarian is an old Indian word for bad hunter.
lockyer

Post by lockyer »

Why is it - "always the way"

I buy a Pro Q 3 weeks ago and now Bunnings bring out a knock off.... :shock: It is only money hey :D

I would love to hear about this smoker, did look in a couple of our local stores but none to be seen.

Cheers L
Colum

Post by Colum »

I just bought a Fornetto last week from BBQXL. The guy was telling me the Bunnings specs are a bit lower quality than the ones at BBQXL. Its a bit confusing on who is actually making them. But I am so happy with my purchase. Did a 10 hour boston Butt on Saturday and the thing stayed at 225F for the whole 10 hours. It is so bloody reliable and reactive to vent adjustments. Highly recommended but I wouldnt get the bunnings one. I had a play with the bunnings one and it felt pretty tinny compared to mine. Also at BBQXL they had Pro Qs next to the Fornetto so I was able to make a good comparison, the steel on the Fornetto just felt so much thicker. Plus the added extras of an awesome guage and phenolic vents. https://www.bbqxl.com.au/shop/smokers/f ... mpire-red/
slowveg

Post by slowveg »

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone has actually tried one of these Bunnings versions yet? I was looking at the ProQ Frontier which was on special at BbQs Galore for the same price ($240ish) but they just sold out. Pretty much the edge of my budget as mainly looking to slow cook vegies and the occasional bit of fish.

Thanks for any help!

Cam
mickeytg

Post by mickeytg »

Hi Cam,

I decided to buy one as BBQs Galore had run out also as you mentioned. I'm only new to smoking so decided to go cheap before going expensive in case I didn't get much use out of it. All I can say is I have used it three times already and it works great.

It keeps a consistent temp, it's a solid build although there are a few leaks in a couple of small places but nothing that stops it from doing it's job and at the price being a Bunnings version I think it holds its own. You have to build it from scratch and this took me around 30 minutes.

I've done ribs, a boston butt and pizzas. Got them perfect each time. It's a good beginner version.

Cheers,

Mickeytg
slowveg

Post by slowveg »

Hi Mickey

You're a champion. Thanks so much for the feedback - really helpful. Sounds like a good unit.

Now to drop hints as my birthday approaches :)
alex_m_84

Post by alex_m_84 »

Bunnings have the upgraded Fornetto now that BBQXL sell.
It's $369. Will be grabbing one in the next few weeks :)