Rustic Soul Reverse Flow Smokers has arrived

All about smokers hot and cold
rusticsoul

Rustic Soul Reverse Flow Smokers has arrived

Post by rusticsoul »

Hi Guys,

just wanted to introduce myself and our new company. I have looking around this forum for years now and decided about 1 year ago to go down the path of building and selling my own smokers and grills. This forum has given me huge amounts of inspirtaion and Rustic Soul Kindly thanks everyone on here for all the great ideas.

Rustic Soul is based in the Adeliade HIlls and our first flagship model is a tough reverse flow smoker. We will endevour to get on here as often as possible and give you all updates and try answer some of the harder quesations of smoking and grilling.

Our website is www.rusticsoul.com.au. its not quite up and running yet but Im nearly done with it and our first smoker will be ready in about 3 weeks. I hope many of you out there that love grilling and smoking can help support the Australian based compaies like ourselves and urban griller who I know put out a damn good product too. We believe that we (australians) make some damn fine products and especially in the smoking and gilling arena and hope that between a few of our comapies we can fill all of your needs.

We would like to thank everyone on this forum for all the great inspiration and ideas and we hope to hear from many of you soon

Thanks again and we will talk to you all soon.

regards Sam from Rustic Soul

:D :D :D :D :D :D
Commander Cody

Re: Rustic Soul Reverse Flow Smokers has arrived

Post by Commander Cody »

Sam,

welcome to the forum, and i am pleased to read we have an Aussie reverse flow offset manufacturer with us.

this..........i hope will entice others into the perfect BBQ grill smoker that is the offset reverse flow.

only good things can come from this............

kevin
....up in smoke.....that's where my money goes.....
trax_86

Post by trax_86 »

Where abouts in Adelaide are you based mate?
rusticsoul

Post by rusticsoul »

Hi trax we are up in Aldgate
beaver

Post by beaver »

welcome and good luck with the smokers!!!!

its not just about the destination we also love seeing the journey.
do you have any pics of your build so far/dev process ect? id love to see a bit of the "behind the scenes"
rusticsoul

Post by rusticsoul »

Hi Beaver,
of course, I will be throwing down heaps of pics in the next week of how it is going and some tips and tricks if your building one yourself. Its been a pretty fun but difficult jouney just to get here. I keep telling peopole its more than just a metal box on wheels. I have added a pic of a logo I got cut yesterday. So far far from what I wanted but hey I still dont mind it.
rusticsoul

Post by rusticsoul »

sorry beaver it says board attachment quota has been reached? any ideas?
beaver

Post by beaver »

rusticsoul wrote:sorry beaver it says board attachment quota has been reached? any ideas?
tapatalk on the phone works well or a flickr account.
some use photobucket

http://www.aussiebbq.info/forum/viewtop ... f=5&t=5380
kenshinzero

Post by kenshinzero »

Needs more pics
trax_86

Post by trax_86 »

Yeah some pics would be awesome keen to check it out.
rusticsoul

Post by rusticsoul »

Sorry guys I have some photos for you. It just doesn't seem to let me upload any. Waiting on message from forum host. Damn newbies. I'll get some to you tomorrow.
rusticsoul

Post by rusticsoul »

Hey guys, so I'm just waiting on a response from the administrator. In the mean time though I have just posted a couple of pics on my landing page of my website which is not finished yet just so you guys can have a quick peek. It's www.rusticsoul.com.au

Thanks again.
rusticsoul

Post by rusticsoul »

ImageImageImage

Ha ha got it. There you guys our first rustic soul reverse flow being built Ill have some more pics tonight. Any suggestions are welcome as I would love some feed back. Pretty damn excited about it all though.
beaver

Post by beaver »

lookin good.
do you plan on having that channel feed into a pipe and out the bottom similar to this
it would save a lot of cleanup
counterweights obviously on the doors

will it be a square or round firebox?
rusticsoul

Post by rusticsoul »

We actually I have deliberated over that for a while. There are 2 options I think, leave it open with no pipe so I can also spray the bottom out or have 2 ball valves one going from the plate and one coming out of the cool chamber. What do you think works best.