First Pulled Pork all in my new smoker

All about smokers hot and cold
shortybronx12

Post by shortybronx12 »

Howdy Guys,

I have been up since 5.00 am setting up my smoker and putting on my first pulled pork in it. I got the shoulder, put my special homemade rub on it and left it for the night yesterday afternoon. The alarm went off at 5.00 and have been up ever since getting it going. The smoker is taking its time to get up to temperature currently at 167 F but it is climbing (about 1 F a minute) . I thinking I'm going to put meat on now.

I have taken lots of photos but every time I try to attach them it says "reached board quota limit". How do I upload photos.

Cheers Guys. I hope this works

Damo
louievandeoorst

Re: First Pulled Pork all in my new smoker

Post by louievandeoorst »

shortybronx12
read that link. :D

cheers
louie

I guess ..one have to provide link before press submit..bloody to early...

http://www.aussiebbq.info/forum/viewtop ... =12&t=5380

:D cheers
Nath

Post by Nath »

What king of smoker do you have there?
I'd say removing the cover would help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nath
Nath

Post by Nath »

Also personally I would have removed the rind on the shoulder, not to worry though

Nath
shortybronx12

Post by shortybronx12 »

Haha yer thats the photo from last night after it was prepared with fuel. Its a gasmate smoker. A Cheapo bbq from bunnings. Just holding me over until I finish my uds. Hit a few snags and need something for when I go camping on wednesday. Its actually doing ok and once got it steady has been doing really well since. Was out for a whole hour and its temp is still exactly the same
Gumb

Post by Gumb »

Busio90 wrote:Also personally I would have removed the rind on the shoulder, not to worry though

Probably still could. Plenty of time left.
shortybronx12

Post by shortybronx12 »

I think I might remove the rind after a little bit and turn it into crackling. Im very new to this so all the advice helps. It appears I have approached the stall......
Gumb

Post by Gumb »

Leave a fat cap on by all means but the rind just stops the smokey goodness from penetrating the meat. I'd be taking it off but it's your show :D
shortybronx12

Post by shortybronx12 »

Will leave it for now. I gotta stop playing with it and be patient.
MrLucyTheBoxer

Post by MrLucyTheBoxer »

Hi,

I was in Bunnings the other day and saw these there. It looked like they only had the one cooking grill. Is that right?

Ben
shortybronx12

Post by shortybronx12 »

Mine is different to the one posted in the other thread. Its got two. Seems ok for the 90 bucks invested so far
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

It will still be ok with the rind on, pull able and all that but you will have to remove it at the end. The worst that will happen is you will loose bark real estate in the final mix. No big deal.
3 PM How is it going?
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
http://www.aussiecue.com.au
shortybronx12

Post by shortybronx12 »

Its going ok. In a battle with the epic stall. Its been sitting at 171-172 for the last three hours. Im going to need to break the stall soon otherwise we will be eating late and later. Am tempted to do a semi foil to help it through. What do you think? No to fussed about bark so no worries about the rind. Next time will defiantly remove the rind, good advice which I need.

Thanks again guys
Gumb

Post by Gumb »

Foil. It will break through the stall. Some time resting is more important, an hour at least so you need to get it to target.