Craycort Cast iron Grill Plates

Charcoal cookers (such as Weber Kettles)
Shermanator

Post by Shermanator »

Ok Just want to let anyone know who has not or is thinking if it is worth upgrading the wired grills to Craycorts cast iron grill grates. Well the answer is yes they are fully worth it. Being a pedantic cleaner of my wired grates and weber charcoal grill before getting the cast iron grills, I have not once needed to touch the Craycorts. Whats more the grill marks are superb. They are a absolute mega awesome upgrade and I would even call it a must if you purchase a weber charcoal barbecue. At the moment they can be purchased from Chris at www.Urbangriller.com.au. Thanks Chris I am absolutely wrapped with them.
shayneh2006

Re: Craycort Cast iron Grill Plates

Post by shayneh2006 »

Yeh, it dosent get any better than a CI grate over lump :wink:

Shayne

Don't argue with idiots.. They'll bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

I bought mine for a silver kettle before Chris stocked them and yes I agree, I dont know what I did before I had them.
Wire grills still have there place if roasting or indirect cooking. But for shear grilling there is not much better.
One day ill get one for my green egg if there is such an animal
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
http://www.aussiecue.com.au
urbangriller

Post by urbangriller »

Mick, Yes they are available....but out of stock at the moment.

Cheers
Chris
Common Sense is so rare these days it should be a Super Power!
Captain Cook

Post by Captain Cook »

I just discovered that Grillgrates make the GrillGrates for Kettles among other things.
I am talking to them at the moment about forum members placing consolidated orders for various areas to reduce the freight costs. No one sells them in Australia at the moment apart from Grillpro and they are only the ones that come with the Yoder.
Freight Pricing should work out cheaper than individual orders.
This is their Website http://www.grillgrate.com/
Check out the Products Section later for details when I get more info.

Captain
talisker63

Post by talisker63 »

So for my free kettle that I collected but had no grills could I just use Grillgrates or CI grates and not but the Weber wire ones?

That is could I use the GG or CI all the time?

Primary use for the kettle is for fast cooking as I have the Kamado for low and slow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
urbangriller

Post by urbangriller »

Certainly the cast iron you can have in all the time. The Grill Grates come in sections about 150mm or 6 inches wide, they clip together and will need the wire grill under to support them.

Cheers
Chris
talisker63

Post by talisker63 »

Ahh misunderstood.
Thought there was a round one as an option for the kettle

shayneh2006

Post by shayneh2006 »

The three posts before this have totally confused me :roll: .

What is the objective here :roll:

Shayne

Don't argue with idiots.. They'll bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Jars

Post by Jars »

talisker63 picked up a weber from hard rubbish the other day, but had no grill or fire grate, so he asked if he would be able to use a cast iron grill or grill grates all the time in the weber (instead of forking out for the weber wire grill). But talisker was confused, as the grillgrates require the wire rack to work.

So basically, talisker63 wanted to know if he could use the CI grill as a permanent replacement.
Yoder YS480 || Weber OTS Premium || Weber Go Anywhere || Weber Jumbo Joe || Keg Spit || 'Golden Moth' UDS
Shermanator

Post by Shermanator »

talisker63 wrote:Ahh misunderstood.

Hi Talisker63,

For your Weber i think you need to get that bottom grate first most importantly and then look at getting the Cast iron grates or the wired one. Masters home improvement have them the last time I went browsing the Bbq section.
shayneh2006

Post by shayneh2006 »

Jars wrote:talisker63 picked up a weber from hard rubbish the other day, but had no grill or fire grate, so he asked if he would be able to use a cast iron grill or grill grates all the time in the weber (instead of forking out for the weber wire grill). But talisker was confused, as the grillgrates require the wire rack to work.

So basically, talisker63 wanted to know if he could use the CI grill as a permanent replacement.
Ahhhhhhhhh, so he needs to get both as his kettle will be primarably use for quicks cooks, i.e, grilling.

Gotcha :wink:

Shayne

urbangriller

Post by urbangriller »

shayneh2006 wrote:
Jars wrote:talisker63 picked up a weber from hard rubbish the other day, but had no grill or fire grate, so he asked if he would be able to use a cast iron grill or grill grates all the time in the weber (instead of forking out for the weber wire grill). But talisker was confused, as the grillgrates require the wire rack to work.

Ahhhhhhhhh, so he needs to get both as his kettle will be primarably use for quicks cooks, i.e, grilling.

Gotcha :wink:

Shayne

The Craycort Cast Iron is self supporting, but the Grill Grates are not.

Cheers
Chris
Shermanator

Post by Shermanator »

Shermanator wrote:
talisker63 wrote:Ahh misunderstood.

Hi Talisker63,

For your Weber i think you need to get that bottom grate first most importantly and then look at getting the Cast iron grates or the wired one. Masters home improvement have them the last time I went browsing the Bbq section.

Just so I haven't confused anyone- bottom grate I was talking about is the "fire grate". That is essential to the Weber- and if he wants the Cast iron ones all he needs to do is just buy them instead of the bog standard wired weber grate.
But the "grillgrates" requires the wired weber grate as it sits on top of the wired grate as Chris stated.
talisker63

Post by talisker63 »

Sorry for confusing everyone.

What I understand is that I can get a self supporting Craycort CI cooking grate from Chris and a standard charcoal grate from Masters.

Again sorry if I hijacked this thread