Smokai Smoke Generator

Please post here any info in relation to BBQ product suppliers.
Company "ads" allowed as long as they pertain to BBQ-ing
urbangriller

Smokai Smoke Generator

Post by urbangriller »

Good day boys and girls.

I’ve been looking for a pellet and woodchip smoke generator for a while. One day a good fairy well not actually a fairy) pointed me in the direction of the Smokai Smoke Generator. Long story short, the good people at Smokai insisted I try it out before considering including it in the Urban Griller range, so they sent me one to play with.

The first thing to know is it is beautifully packed and fully assembled in the box. I just pulled it out of the box connected the air hose and plugged it in for a test drive!

Image Image

I poured in a cup of standard Beech woodchips, pointed a lighter at the lighting hole and within 30 seconds it was away!

Unbelievable! Straight out of the box….and with woodchips no less! No fuss, Dead silent, no complex setup, not even enough time for a beer, so I made a few crashing and scraping noises to keep Management off the scent and sat there enjoying my beer watching the smoke dance around in the workshop.

The next day I did the same with some Traeger pellets, they took a minute to light, but roared along no problem at all! I looked at the specs and the One Litre version (which I was using) is listed as suitable up to 16 cubic metres. A little math and a beer later and I’d worked out that’s a huge 2m x 4m x 2m high Smoke House! I thought, how many sausages is that?....then the third beer kicked in, so my calculating ability was shot to hell! Meanwhile the Smokai was still pumping out Pecan smoke from the pellets.

After a while I went inside, excited to tell Management of my success, she took one look at me and said “You Stink”…I Hi-fived myself in my head “Success!” and sulked off to have a shower!

The Smokai works bloody well! It’s well thought out and meticulously designed, a credit to our brothers from across the pond and is now an official Urban Griller product!

The pump has two speeds and is dead silent. I fired up on High Speed, then went down to low speed for the smoke test.

The Beech cap seals the top but is easy to remove so you can top up mid smoke, not that you’ll need to, on the low pump setting the Smokai delivers 4 hours of smoke using woodchips and 8 hours with pellets!

The Hopper tube clips into the base, so you mount the base on your smokehouse or BBQ and twist fit the hopper, then fit the removable baffle tube, this is smart design!

But the clever design doesn’t end there, there are accessory brackets to suit other devices, this one lets it clip to the rotisserie motor housing that you may already have on your BBQ, you bolt it to the Smokai, then just slide the whole thing into the rotisserie bracket when you want.... ten out of ten for thinking outside the square!

Get a load of this for smoke in a gasser!

And up against similar US products, the Smokai is better made, more versatile and the right price!
The 1 Litre model is $149.95 plus postage
The 3 Litre model is $249.95 plus postage.

The 3 litre is suitable for up to 48 cubic metres. That’s a massive 4m x 4m x 3m high Smoke-house, and provides 9 Hours of smoke using Woodchips and 24 Hrs using Smoking Pellets!

Cheers
Chris
Common Sense is so rare these days it should be a Super Power!
kendoll

Re: Smokai Smoke Generator

Post by kendoll »

Wow, that is A LOT of smoke!

Wondering if this would bolt easily to a MES.

Ken
Ken
Hogsy

Post by Hogsy »

That looks awesome Chris
And thanks for the review
Lovin the pic of the smoked up gasser :D
Reminds me of how I used to cook on the old snag burner
Viva La Charcoal Revolution
Team Go To Jail - Lifetime member!
Gumb

Post by Gumb »

Brilliant idea for those who only have a gasser.
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

Hmmm, and I just pulled out a dead dishwasher with SS interior, Its sitting in the back yard :roll:
Soon as I get some dollars together Chris. I like
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
http://www.aussiecue.com.au
urbangriller

Post by urbangriller »

kendoll wrote:Wow, that is A LOT of smoke!

Wondering if this would bolt easily to a MES.

Ken
Yes. it will bolt to anything! That's the joy, you fix the base to your smokehouse (or dead dishwasher) and you are off! The Smokai boys are working on adaptor brackets to fit most common things, a Hark gas smoker for example you'll have to bore a hole in to take the baffle tube, but things like the Hark electric, Bradley etc, there will be adaptor plates (in time).

Also anyone who buys a Smokai Smoke Generator, gets the plans to build the Smokai smokehouse!

Cheers
Chris
Common Sense is so rare these days it should be a Super Power!
chief charcoal

Post by chief charcoal »

urbangriller wrote:Also anyone who buys a Smokai Smoke Generator, gets the plans to build the Smokai smokehouse!
Looks like another job for Ron!!!! :lol: