Slide-out BBQ on 7x4 galv trailer

We welcome new members and encourage your participation in this forum . Please post a message here to introduce yourselves.
vidtek

Slide-out BBQ on 7x4 galv trailer

Post by vidtek »

I'm new here, hope this is the right place to post this question.
I want to fit a slide-out bbq to my 7x4 trailer, with at least 6 burners. Also in the trailer I want to have a slide-out workbench for the meat and other utensils.
Has anyone any experience with this sort of thing, and what bbq's should I look at putting on my trailer?
I tried to attach a simple diagram of what I'd like, but got this msg.
Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.
Tony, Perth.
Livewire

Re: Slide-out BBQ on 7x4 galv trailer

Post by Livewire »

Tony

Forget about a 7 x 4 trailer why not go the full hog and get something like Commader Cody's "Gordy"

http://www.aussiebbq.info/forum/viewtop ... rdy#p39391

Glenn
Kamado slow it goes as those lovely red embers glow
Royal Kamado, Weber Kettle K: 1988, Weber OTG DD:2000, Coolabah Mini Spit and 4 B Gasser
titch

Post by titch »

Gday Tony.
There are heaps of BBQ trailers about.
Put a Question into the google machine Images.
Cheers.
Titch
Cheers
Titch
vidtek

Post by vidtek »

Livewire wrote:Tony

Forget about a 7 x 4 trailer why not go the full hog and get something like Commader Cody's "Gordy"

http://www.aussiebbq.info/forum/viewtop ... rdy#p39391

Glenn
Glenn-

The WAF would be nil on something like the "gordy". How the hell does he get away with it? My missus would go spare.

Tony
vidtek

Post by vidtek »

titch wrote:Gday Tony.
There are heaps of BBQ trailers about.
Put a Question into the google machine Images.
Cheers.
Titch
Titch-

Thanks for the reply, I've googled until I'm all googled out, there is nothing out there resembling what I'm after.
Maybe I'll resort to the $97 Bunnings bbq and just use the BBQ without the stands and side bits. Just thought if there was anything similar to
what I'm after, it would be on this forum. My trailer is here: http://www.euroindustries.com.au/images ... /gp118.swf
I want the bbq to slide out over the nearside mudguard, and the worktop to slide out next to it. Inside the trailer I'll have a couple of large esky's and 2 gas bottles,
there will still be heaps of room for the wife's stuff inside the trailer as well.

Tony.
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

Ive not seen anyone do that on this forum.
But, Assuming you are going to cut into the trailer yourself?
You are going to need a good set of silvers (Ball bearing draw sliders)
There is a company "Howard Silvers" that sells a 100kg rated that I have had in the back of my 12 year old Hilux 4x4.
Get the grinder and mig/tig out.
If your looking for who could do this for you? Google Search "Why did I buy a trailer to basterdise and ruin its structual integrity"
Hope that helps. :mrgreen:
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
http://www.aussiecue.com.au
DrSweetsmoke

Post by DrSweetsmoke »

The idea is completly possible and has me sorta interested. it would be easy enough to get this concept into play so let's look at what you need and you intend on using it.

It it for catering , camping?
What other items will me in the trailer?
Do you need more than one gas bottle and why?

One question that hit me is the suspension on the trailer. I assume it's not leaf springs and actually indespension units and in that case they can provide a very harsh ride and damage a cheaper gas BBQ mounted securely without any flex.

How about an actual box trailer with solid sides? You and then make the Q unit more like a fold down unit and have it backed with stainless or alloy . Could also keep it slide out with both ideas protecting it from the elements and prying eyes.

The gas/ LPG bottles are a concern because they will need to be securely and legally strapped down, what's the deal with the tongue? it there room enough to attach a proper bottle holder? What's the legal deal on plumbing one in over a distance? It is legal to use the original type hose or must it now be metal piped but to exposure?