Read first then post your entry here for this online April 2011 Poultry BBQ Contest.
Competition entry opens for posting 0800 EST 21 Apr 11 and closes Midnight EST 25 Apr 11 (Note entry time line extended to allow for people travelling/holidays. The earlier you post the more time people have to outdo your entry.).
Entries that are added after that time will be deemed as invalid and will not be included in the voting.
The entry will be edited by the Captain to allocate each entry a specific entry number, which will be the entry number in the voting poll.The theme is Poultry
• There is no restriction on what Poultry is used (for the purposes of this competition Game Birds fall into this category)
• There is no restriction to the outdoor cooking method used
• Poultry must be the main ingredient in the dish.
• 1 entry per forum member
• Entries can be cooked any time after announcement of the competition details but can only be posted during the stipulated period.
The Entry shall be a photographic entry with the following format
Name of the Dish: 10 words max
Description of Dish: 25 words max
Description of each Photo: 10 words max
The entry shall have a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 4 photos
The photos shall all contain the main ingredient as the main part of the photo
Photos to be a maximum size of 640 x 480 pixels and no larger that 250 kb
The 3 mandatory photos shall follow the following format.
Photo 1 shall contain and depict the preparation of the Main Ingredient. The focus shall be on the main ingredient. The photo could be of the brining/marinating of the dish or the rub applied to the dish or similar. It should not contain the preparation of the side dishes
Photo 2 shall be of the dish cooking on the BBQ and clearly show the BBQ or outdoor cooking device being used.
Photo 3 shall be of the dish plated up - showing the main ingredient as the focus
The dish is to be plated up on a round plain white plate and photographed on a black background.
• Any side dishes on the plate must be a total of no more that 1/4 of the dish.
• The dish may be presented on a bed of lettuce on the plate.
• The dish must cover at least half the plate
• The meat shall be cut and presented to show the inside.
• The whole plate shall be shown in the photo.
• For this competition photo 3 shall also include an easter egg either beside or on the plate.
Photo 4 is optional and may be used where you feel some part of the cook needs emphasising, such as zooming in on a particular part of the dish.
Samples of non complying photos are shown in viewtopic.php?f=33&t=3640#p23588
You may post a copy of the recipe in the appropriate recipe section after voting closes. Winning entry recipe must be added to the recipe section of the forum.
A poll will be posted for this competition allowing all forum members to vote on the best 3 of their choice based on what looks and sounds good to them. The entry with the highest votes will be declared the winner.
Voting commences 0800 hrs 26th April and closes Midnight 29 April in a separate post containing a poll.
We have been specific about entry and voting times to ensure that it is administratively possible, and to ensure that everyone gets a fair crack of the whip.
The most important rule for this competition is that all participants and forum readers have fun.
This post is for entries only, if you have any comments regarding the contest please post them in a separate post.
Good Luck to you all !