Sunday Arvo Pork Belly - BBQ Pit Boys Style

All Meats Including BEEF, PORK, LAMB & GAME
quasar85

Post by quasar85 »

So I'm currently using my Weber OTG for the second time, and this effort is a 1.5kg pork belly (boneless) a la BBQ Pit Boys.

Meat has been SPG'd and olive oiled both sides, and resting on a bed of onion, carrot and apples sprinkled with brown sugar and apples cider. Just waiting for the kettle to hit 250ish Celsius then in she goes!

This is also the maiden voyage for my Maverick ET-733, quite a complex beast but I'm happy with how it monitors the BBQ temp.Image

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
titch

Re: Sunday Arvo Pork Belly - BBQ Pit Boys Style

Post by titch »

The pitboys do Pork belly well.
I assume that's for an hour then lower the temp?
Cheers
Titch
quasar85

Post by quasar85 »

Correct, the website recommends 30mins but I might let it go little bit longer to offset the chilly weather at the moment.

quasar85

Post by quasar85 »

End result, in for around two hours. Maverick showed an internal temp of around 88ish, still came out very juicy. Kids loved it so that's another bonus. You can tell where the lid vent was positioned.

Muppet

Post by Muppet »

Nice result! Pork belly can be taken a little higher in internal ;) helps to render and break down the connective tissue, that is a mighty fine piece of belly there though :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Baby steps...
Current Weaponry - Saffire Kamado, Treager Junior, Outdoorchef 57, Performer 46, 'Fooseball' Grill, Hibachi
quasar85

Post by quasar85 »

Muppet wrote:Nice result! Pork belly can be taken a little higher in internal ;) helps to render and break down the connective tissue, that is a mighty fine piece of belly there though :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm glad to hear that, because I was a little panicked at how long it sat at a higher temp. When I carved it up it was incredibly juicy but the fat was a little too "solid" for my liking. I'll stress less next time :lol: